"The Yeti" - 2013 Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
If my truck was a human, it would be that guy. Loud, smelly, powerful, white, and people constantly stare.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really surprised you aren't putting a on bumpstop kit of somekind. I guess the Icon's do have a built-in stop, but I still be worried about the frame bending if I were going to the TRR. Then again, I didn't hear about anybody bending their frame; only RPG landing their Raptor on top of a fence post.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bird, any additional words on the icon LCA skids? I'll be putting a set on the truck before TRR, any advice would be great.
Thanks,
Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Not really, should be an easy install. Just remember to attach everything loosely then tighten it all down at once when you're satisfied with the alignment. Securing the bolt to the sway bar end is kind of a PITA but if you have some socket extensions and a pivoting socket head you should be good.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm really surprised you aren't putting a on bumpstop kit of somekind. I guess the Icon's do have a built-in stop, but I still be worried about the frame bending if I were going to the TRR. Then again, I didn't hear about anybody bending their frame; only RPG landing their Raptor on top of a fence post.

I am sold by the fact that the ICON truck does not have a bump stop kit and they have driven that truck probably 10 times harder than I plan to. As far as I know and can tell from pictures their frame is straight as an arrow. Not to mention I have the benefit of added strength of the 2013 frame and the SDHQ reinforcement kit. If I can bend my frame, shame on me.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Well I had a special delivery this morning :)

8yjuza9u.jpg