The Ultimate Raptor Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks similar to the Ranch Hand bullnose bumper I had on my 09 F250. Its about 250+ pounds, and even more weight on the front end when it hangs out 8 inches. I ended up taking it off, mostly because of the overall weight on the front end. Incidentally, it was only $1100 for the front AND the rear, and seems guys are getting $1500-$3000 with lights because its for a Raptor... sad really..

This Raptor doesn't have NEAR the front end strength as an F250, hell it dips down 3 inches when you tap on the brakes. I like aftermarket bumpers, but not all that extra weight on the front end.

I promise that bumper is over 200 lbs..

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran across pictures of this award winning Raptor from the 2010 SEMA Show. I loved the front bumper. To me, it was the ultimate bumper for a Raptor.
Disclaimer: Any product information shared in this online community is not advertising for a particular company or product. I have no personal or professional interests in any aftermarket company or product for the Ford Raptor SVT. Sharing is done so only as a Raptor enthusiast with other like-minded enthusiasts in this online community.

Have a great day!
I love that bumper too! Sad about the censoring on that other froum...

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bumper was actually produced by Frontier Truck Gear in centerpoint Tx specifically built for Xtreme outfitters in kerrville. They took the regular Frontier Truck Gear - XTREME Front Bumper Replacements Gallery Xtreme front bumper and made it from smooth metal instead of diamond plate. They then stretched it to fit the fenders of the Raptor. Supposedly they arent making them for the public, but we will see if that will change. They fit alot better than the Ranch Hand summit bullnose since that isnt made for the wider fenders either.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196177_10150103173706402_96885101401_6939513_6389091_n.jpg

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The censoring on the other forum makes me laugh. What's the point of an enthusiast forum when you can't share information? Anyways, how much is this bumper? It looks good - but damn heavy. What makes you prefer it over the ADD?

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer that style WAY more than the "pre-runner" thin pipes welded together with a flat plate making a skid plate.

I live in West Tevas so maybe that has something to do with my preference. Out here Grill Guard and Front Bumpers are common place. And with the amount of kamakaze deer you can see why.

To me the prerunner style bumper look weak and cheap looking, where as this style look stronger and more brute force style.

But to each his own, just like I hate the 'ricer' projector headlights I see people running on here...

:)

OP
OP
fillmoreranger

fillmoreranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know I own the best damn desert jumper, short of a trophy truck. But I am never going to jump my truck and probably never race around in the desert.

That is why the pre-runner style bumpers don't do it for me... Its not my gig.

Borrowing from the CR video, I like to think of the Raptor as my "Truck for the Apocalypse." Perhaps even "The Terminator's F-150." :cool:

While I am conscious of front end weight considerations with the Raptor's suspension, I still want a reasonable front bumper set-up that AMPLIFIES the Raptor's aggressive "take no prisoners" stance, while adding some bold and effective front end protection.

We all see (and use) our trucks in our own way. There is no right or wrong. No street queens... just ride your own ride.

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I heard frontier wanted no part of making more of them.

My boss has had a few jeeps built at xtreme outfitters. Including one that was at sema. I heard this from him.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer that style WAY more than the "pre-runner" thin pipes welded together with a flat plate making a skid plate.

I live in West Tevas so maybe that has something to do with my preference. Out here Grill Guard and Front Bumpers are common place. And with the amount of kamakaze deer you can see why.

To me the prerunner style bumper look weak and cheap looking, where as this style look stronger and more brute force style.

But to each his own, just like I hate the 'ricer' projector headlights I see people running on here...

:)

I agree! Im also not a fan of the pre-runner style. I wish ARB made these for the raptor. This is the bumper I had on my last Jeep. It was like a steel girder. They are an Austrailian company and require their bumpers withstand a kangaroo hit at 50 mph..no shit. The one on the SEMA truck is sweet too. :peace:

002-14.jpg

raptor china boy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran across pictures of this award winning Raptor from the 2010 SEMA Show. I loved the front bumper. To me, it was the ultimate bumper for a Raptor.

I had to do some digging to find who made it, as it wasn't made by the usual mainstream Raptor aftermarket vendors. In fact, I never saw anything even close to this on a Raptor.

At first, I thought it might be a Road Armor product. I emailed them and they said they had no products for the Raptor. Just as well, as Road Armor usually caters to the Super Duty Fords. I thought their "cow catchers" (which I love) would be much too heavy for the Raptor.

So, I placed my investigative logic skills into overdrive, which finally led me to a place in Kerrville, TX called Xtreme Outfitters. When I called and spoke to Kevin, he admitted it was their bumper on their Raptor at the SEMA Show. Mission accomplished!

We talked for a bit about their customized Raptor build, which they put quite a bit of work into, including... front and rear bumpers, a supercharger, custom wheels and paint, and so much more. Their build could be another thread all by itself. My understanding is that their truck will be featured in the upcoming issue of Trucking Magazine, which I look forward to checking out for ideas for my Raptor.

For now, I ordered their front bumper. My mods will have to come in stages, as I can afford them... lol.

If you are looking for something other than a pre-runner style and this type of bumper strikes your fancy, as it did mine, then check em out. They can tell you more about it.

I'll post some pics of my Xtreme Raptor front bumper once I get it installed.

Disclaimer: Any product information shared in this online community is not advertising for a particular company or product. I have no personal or professional interests in any aftermarket company or product for the Ford Raptor SVT. Sharing is done so only as a Raptor enthusiast with other like-minded enthusiasts in this online community.

Have a great day!

The bumper very beautiful!
Where can you buy?
Please comment! Thank you!