The suspense is over, it’s HERE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdilElm

Reaction score
My Gen3 is here. Got a call this morning from the dealer saying it was in. Needless to say I had to run up and take a look. It’s the 35, Rapid Red with sprayed in bed liner. It was unlocked so I got to sit in it. Just going to repeat what everyone else has been saying, it’s unbelievable. Had to do some haggling since I was trading my 17 in, but in the end I was happy with the deal. I ordered this Nov 1st.
Congratulations! Ordered mine with the same color in January! Can’t wait to receive that same call

Mars911red

Reaction score
Beautiful truck, I have a 21 Rapid Red. Great job on the negotiating as well. I sold cars briefly after college and it's a dance and if you know the moves and the process you can work it. No offense meant by this next part, but have you considered getting a ramp or go to a loading dock and let her ride in the bed one time Beverly Hills Style :) Not at speed, just have someone drive and the two of you be in the back bed for a very safe, short and slow trip even if just around the neighborhood. If that is something she would get a kick out of. I suggested that once with rocking chair with my mother in-law when we had more people than car space for a trip. Believe it or not, it was not as well received as I thought it would be. :) but all is well. Enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
Low Rider

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know We’re getting off track about Raptor’s but you deserve a response about your suggestion. My wife is 100% disabled so she’s entitled to quite a few things. I bought her a Toyota Sienna and sent it back to a company that reconfigured a rear entry, so she can drive right up inside. The passenger seat remotely slides back and turns so she can get into the seat, then move forward.

Her wheelchair raises up so maybe she will be able to get into it. I apologize to everyone getting off track here but she also likes me to read a lot the the responses to her.
drove it home from the dealers today and this thing is a monster. I parked right next to the new one and it’s amazing how much bigger the Gen 3 is. I took a couple pictures that I will post shortly. Thanks again to everyone.

Ccrochet

Reaction score
Ok, here’s the story. Guy, you have to haggle if you have a trade. My Gen2 was a 17 and the first thing they did was ask me how much I wanted for mine, that was there first mistake. I knew it was only worth around 50K with 36K miles but I told them I wanted 56K. So they bring me their first proposal offering me 50K so I grabbed my keys and started to walk out the door, and of course their are saying now just wait a minute. So their next offer was 27K and my truck. Picked up my keys again and once more the Sales Manager came over this time and said let me see what I can do. the next appraisal had a couple discounts on there that I don’t know where they came from but their final offer was my truck and 22K and that I was satisfied with. Did I tell you guys I’m 75 years old and have been playing this game longer then they have. But here’s the best part. Told my wife what happened and that she needed to call the bank and set things up to which she said go up tomorrow and write them a check for the 22K. My wife is very special even though she has MS and lives in a wheelchair. She wasn’t able to get in the last Raptor and it will be the same way with this one. The best she’ll be able to do is ride outside and check it out from her chair.
Sounds like you got a good one there! Need to find someone to help her get in that truck and take her roadin’

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God bless you for being a Raptor enthusiast at age 75. I enjoyed reading this thread and wish/hope that I am living life with the same enthusiasm when I am your age.

Thank you for sharing and looking forward to more pictures.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I know We’re getting off track about Raptor’s but you deserve a response about your suggestion. My wife is 100% disabled so she’s entitled to quite a few things. I bought her a Toyota Sienna and sent it back to a company that reconfigured a rear entry, so she can drive right up inside. The passenger seat remotely slides back and turns so she can get into the seat, then move forward.

Her wheelchair raises up so maybe she will be able to get into it. I apologize to everyone getting off track here but she also likes me to read a lot the the responses to her.
drove it home from the dealers today and this thing is a monster. I parked right next to the new one and it’s amazing how much bigger the Gen 3 is. I took a couple pictures that I will post shortly. Thanks again to everyone.
Wishing you and your wonderful wife all the best. Congratulations on the beautiful truck. You will love it. Go enjoy that beast.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Congrats on your new truck. God bless you and your wife. It's good to hear that you're both still enjoying life. The personal stories people tell are an important part of this website.