The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit! I have been working, so I haven't been able to be on FRF. I get on today and I find out Snowball is sold out already! Mother F#%(er! Is there a waiting list I can jump on in case a spot opens up?

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well shit! I have been working, so I haven't been able to be on FRF. I get on today and I find out Snowball is sold out already! Mother F#%(er! Is there a waiting list I can jump on in case a spot opens up?

You're not the first one to contact on this. The only fair way to do it would be to have a raffle again at some point with 100% of the proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Jason

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Link to DNR permits:

you want ORV permit not Snowmobile

www.mdnr-elicense.com - Welcome to E-License

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jason,

Are you sure only out of state trucks need permits? You Recreational passport does not include the trail system. The ORV permits are a separate entity. If you are using ORV trail (50" and under trails), even with permission of DNR it has been required in the past. ORV route is SOS only required, but not sure if there is language in the law that requires ORV permit for out of state vehicles.

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jason,

Are you sure only out of state trucks need permits? You Recreational passport does not include the trail system. The ORV permits are a separate entity. If you are using ORV trail (50" and under trails), even with permission of DNR it has been required in the past. ORV route is SOS only required, but not sure if there is language in the law that requires ORV permit for out of state vehicles.

Routes do not need it unless not registered by SoS. The way I was told is vehicles registered Out of State need one. $16

Michigan vehicles do not.

Not using trails due to the width constraints.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to know, I have not heard clarification on the out of State SOS rule. Good to know!

FYI, some events can use ORV trail if included and approved by the DNR before the event. This was done for many years on DI and other Michigan full size events in the past, but though included in the plan, ORV permit was required for ALL vehicles.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're not the first one to contact on this. The only fair way to do it would be to have a raffle again at some point with 100% of the proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Jason

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Link to DNR permits:

you want ORV permit not Snowmobile

www.mdnr-elicense.com - Welcome to E-License

So do the participants from outside of Michigan need to get these or are they obtained with our registration.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Routes do not need it unless not registered by SoS. The way I was told is vehicles registered Out of State need one. $16

Michigan vehicles do not.

Not using trails due to the width constraints.
I think you're right about this.

From the ORV Handbook. I assume "street vehicles" means vehicles registered in Michigan.

https://www.offroad-ed.com/michigan/handbook/page/26/Licensing-and-Titling-Your-Vehicle

ORV License
The DNR issues licenses for all ORVs on an annual basis. The annual fee for an ORV license is $16.25.

Licenses are valid from April 1 through March 31 of the following year, regardless of the date of purchase.

Vehicles that are licensed under the Motor Vehicle Code as "street vehicles" require an ORV license only when they are being used as an ORV. A street-licensed ORV does not need an ORV license to use forest roads, but it will need an ORV license if it is used on designated trails or in areas designated for cross-country use.

Where To License ORVs
ORV licenses are available from the DNR at DNR Operations Service Centers, over the Internet at www.mdnr-elicense.com - Welcome to E-License, by mail, through participating ORV dealers, and through participating hunting and fishing license agents.

For licensing information, call the DNR at: 517-373-1204

An ORV license is not required for street-licensed vehicles used on the frozen surface of public waters or designated ORV routes.

Private land owners, owners' family members, and their invited guests are not required to license ORVs that are operated exclusively on the owners' private property.

Licensing is required of ORVs used in areas open to public operations, regardless of whether the ORV is owned by a resident or nonresident of Michigan.