The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn sounds like my exact order.

Z, as I am sitting here on a Sunday afternoon reading about how happy everyone is getting their trucks, I went on the website and took a look at the truck at Gabus Ford. The dealership has two, one just like the one you ordered and the other is Race Red. Both look great! Hopefully (again), we will hear something this week. If I am not mistaken, tomorrow (7/15/13), is the first day the factory is back in full operation, so lets think positive. :Good or Bad:

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z, as I am sitting here on a Sunday afternoon reading about how happy everyone is getting their trucks, I went on the website and took a look at the truck at Gabus Ford. The dealership has two, one just like the one you ordered and the other is Race Red. Both look great! Hopefully (again), we will hear something this week. If I am not mistaken, tomorrow (7/15/13), is the first day the factory is back in full operation, so lets think positive. :Good or Bad:

Yep I am sure trying!

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I am sure trying!

Seriously, let's look on the bright side. They will only be able to pull our chains so long. After a certain amount of time they will have to tell us either we are getting a 2013, or to get in line for a 2014. At that point, we will all have to decide what we are going to do, depending on our options. Personally, I am giving Ford until 8/4/13. That will be be three full months after I placed my order. At that point if I am still in the Unscheduled Clean Status, I will start searching for a dealer with one on the lot. By that time they will be waiting for 2014 allocations and they will need sales. Again, as I have said before, the whole thing blows. :shocked:

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still curious as to what ford does with orders that were submitted April-May area. A part of me wants to think they build all trucks that have been ordered as customer orders as long as they were placed before the cutoff

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still curious as to what ford does with orders that were submitted April-May area. A part of me wants to think they build all trucks that have been ordered as customer orders as long as they were placed before the cutoff

Great question. I think maybe the S.O.L letters are already written and prepped for distribution around mid August.

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great question. I think maybe the S.O.L letters are already written and prepped for distribution around mid August.

I will be so pissed if that is the case. Does anyone know if other car manufacturers have the same dumb allocation system for customer placed orders? I could see allocation for lot ordered vehicles by the dealer only, but not custom customer orders. If a customer orders something specific not on the lot, no matter how big or small the dealer I feel the customer should receive their vehicle no matter what in a somewhat reasonable 2-3 month time frame.

Last edited:

PurpleHayes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky since I have a build date for this week on Thursday. Been looking at the window sticker for about 3 weeks now. Starting to get really excited. Hey blood you wouldn't happen to have ETA to the dealer by chance.

Ordered March 21st
VIN # 1FTFW1R67DFD03415

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Blood - I ordered a scab on 3/8/13 and the dealer gave me the vin last week but when i try a lookup it comes up "invalid".

Dealer F16331
Order # 7777
Pri 10 Order Type 1
1FTFX1R68DFD14873

Much appreciated - Doug

build date 7/29
all is good

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Sticker usually shows up about 2 weeks before build date.

5 days is the norm.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

I guess I'm lucky since I have a build date for this week on Thursday. Been looking at the window sticker for about 3 weeks now. Starting to get really excited. Hey blood you wouldn't happen to have ETA to the dealer by chance.

Ordered March 21st
VIN # 1FTFW1R67DFD03415

8/1