Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me explain a bit because I sound like an ass so far about the RVs and shunned...I don't sleep when it is hot out. So if it is hot (above 70F), I'll be sleeping in the car trailer with the A/C running. The Terlingua will suffer out in the elements.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The historical average daytime temp for Bronte, TX in April is ~65.

The average April high is ~79 and the average April low is ~50.

Weatherbase: Historical Weather for Bronte, Texas, United States of America - Travel, Vacation, Forecast and Reference Information

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

What is the best way to secure a fire extinguisher? Will it be ok if if its in the center console or zipped up in a bag? Or does it need to be mounted somewhere?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
The historical average daytime temp for Bronte, TX in April is ~65.

The average April high is ~79 and the average April low is ~50.

Weatherbase: Historical Weather for Bronte, Texas, United States of America - Travel, Vacation, Forecast and Reference Information

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

What is the best way to secure a fire extinguisher? Will it be ok if if its in the center console or zipped up in a bag? Or does it need to be mounted somewhere?

Anywhere where it won't slap you in the head or fly out, but still can be accessed. Center console is good, or a bag as long as you can get to it.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Im bringing the RV. It carries all the liquor, and it has a Fridge. Im not bringing it so I can catch up on daytime soaps, Im bringing it so I have my booze, my toys, and my *******. Running water is a luxury I enjoy, right up there with sitting while I take a dump.

I am in for BBQ of course, and may have a group of 4-8 with at least two Raptors. I see big party in our future. Hope you campers are not light sleepers!

Trey, if you need help doing a registration thing, we run events for Shelby all over the country many times a year. We can let you use our website to set up this event free of charge, and my brother who actually does all the "work" said he can do goodie bags, t-shirts, whatever you need.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

What is the weather usually like this time of year???

April is a funny month- I have seen it freeze, and I have seen it top 100. If you were forcing me to bet, I would guess low in the low 60s, high around 85.