Tell me I'm completely insane for even considering this........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what are your goals....do you want a fast street vehicle or an off road vehicle. not to hard

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
How much will you lose on depreciation on the dodge in 2 years?

If you want a Raptor, be patient and make it happen.
That's a big consideration. If they discontinue the 392, maybe not that much. But otherwise, yes, much more than on the Raptor.
I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my build and will ride this out, but this all came about from looking on you tube and seeing Alex on Autos' review. I respect his reviews and he ended up buying a durango SRT for himself, which said a lot.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
How about getting a Gen 2 Raptor? They are still very capable trucks. Personally, the only thing I like about the Gen 3 vs the 2, is the 3 has 5 link rear suspension. The big screen TV is lost on me.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
I didn’t know we were going for 2022s. I had a grand Cherokee trailhawk and loved it
Trailhawk is great.........updated model coming out soon. But can't get it with the 6.4L engine.
I've driven the 5.7 and V6 versions: both were 'meh'. And I wouldn't pay sticker for a trailhawk: those things were being discounted $10-13k off sticker pre pandemic.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
How about getting a Gen 2 Raptor? They are still very capable trucks. Personally, the only thing I like about the Gen 3 vs the 2, is the 3 has 5 link rear suspension. The big screen TV is lost on me.
Nah.......as I said above, I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my order and will ride this out. I love the upgraded tech/bigger screen on the Gen 3 plus the updated suspension. I'm hoping it will make longer drives that much better.