Tail light PSA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed my passenger side has the same issue...no cracks that I can find, however I'm ordering a replacement housing from Amazon right now ($173) and not taking any chances. I'll hit the connectors with dielectric grease, should be a 20 minute job.

IMG_1625.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1627.JPG
    IMG_1627.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 7

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the replacement in this morning via overnight delivery. It looks the same but the the LEDs in the OEM light are a little less pronounced (i.e., i can faintly see the individual LEDs in the replacement unit). No matter, I didn't see where the OEM one was leaking, and the BLIS module was 100% dry. I added some dielectric grease around the connectors but the replacement itself was pretty uneventful, everything seems to work including the BLIS. I'll report back if I have any issues. $183 w tax. Link below.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The owner could have probably gotten some from the junkyard
Good luck with that.

The trucks with those lights are not in the junkyard, and won't be for at least another 15+ years.

The few that are wrecked so bad that would put them there now, nothing is usable. Only a roll over puts a $80K truck in the junkyard- and at that point it's all destroyed. The plastic bits on the corners are not intact and sellable.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that.

The trucks with those lights are not in the junkyard, and won't be for at least another 15+ years.

The few that are wrecked so bad that would put them there now, nothing is usable. Only a roll over puts a $80K truck in the junkyard- and at that point it's all destroyed. The plastic bits on the corners are not intact and sellable.
I just saw one on market place last week Eric. When I see more I will screen cap it.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never mind, found it. Pleanty around for average price of 950 or so…

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpeg
    IMG_4556.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 3