GEN 2 SunTek PPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollsroy

Reaction score
I've had 3+ cars wrapped with Suntek PPF. Give it a couple days for the bubbles to disappear. I say within a week if they're still there then complain to the installer.

There will always be some tiny bubbles with any PPF or Tint.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those don't look like they are going to cure out. Have had numerous xpel wraps and although they all have a few little pockets they have never looked like that.

Hope you get it figured out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look good at all. Tell them you want a refund and go to someone else. If you paid with a credit card I would dispute the charges if they don't give you a refund.

POPN427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a SunTek PPF installed on my 2017 Raptor last week. Had a Full hood, bumper, and full fenders wrapped. This is suppose to be SunTek's newest clear film. There seem to be lots of tiny air bubbles. The installer said he can pop them out with a needle if they don't go away. Has anyone else had this experience with their clear bra? I attached pics of the hood and bumper as this is the areas with the most bubbles.

@TRIMMELL

Based on his posts....I would value his opinion on your situation.

Hope it works out...

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Definitely get it redone at their expense. You shouldn't have them in the first place. Yes they can be "popped" with a small needle that will leave a tiny hole that is almost invisible but for what film cost to get installed I want it done right the first time. That looks like a ton of bubbles which leads me to believe they are inexperienced. If you get enough solution under the film when you first lay it out the bubbles work out very easily. No idea what they did in that particular situation but I would try to get them to redo it. I don't want a ton of little holes in my film from them popping the bubbles with a needle. Even though they would be invisible for the most part. Some bubbles will disappear on their own as the solution dries but those look like actual air bubbles. Keep us posted OP.

kenramp

Reaction score
Give it a week or two. If they don't disappear make them redo it. Pin holes will ruin the integrity of the product.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk