Stereo Quality ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kemosaabee

Reaction score
My last two trucks were a Nissan Titan an a Toyota tundra. I had the Nissan for five years and the Toyota for three. I did not upgrade the stereo in either truck and felt that the stereo might not have been great but it was more then sufficient for an OEM stereo. The stereo in the Raptor i feel is awful, the stereo has no bass and the worst part about it is that the stereo clarity is very poor the vocals can not be made out even when at a high volume and the OEM stereo needs to be replaced with something equal to the money i spent on the cost of the Raptor, were I did not feel that way with the Nissan or the Toyota before.

Well...that isn't very encouraging. Ive owned a Tundra as well and thought the system in it was average at best so that doesn't get me very excited about the Raptor's system. Oh well, I still have an old ghetto blaster in the attic from the mid eighties I can throw over in the passenger seat if it's bad as all that lol.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Sony "upgraded" system should be the stock setup. The sony sub is really a joke, and well 700 watts is probably more like 70watts. The shaker 500 in my Mustang is way better then the Sony setup in my Raptor.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn guys, seriously? It's not that bad. Have we become so spoiled that we need concert halls in our trucks?

Not bad to you...

To me its rather lacking, then again I have $20k+ in audio equipment that I use for my Home Stereo so I tend to have higher audio standards. :evillol:

zzoop28

Reaction score
Funny, as a new owner, who's been daily driving it for 3 weeks now, i cant believe how crappy the sony setup is. I hate having to upgrade a nice stock setup, but this one is gonna have to go...seriously. My cheby bose was better quality sound and my bmw blew this away, by a long shot.

Option 2, which is cheaper, new Exhaust!!

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn guys, seriously? It's not that bad. Have we become so spoiled that we need concert halls in our trucks?

I'm with you. Sounds fine to my ears. Maybe it depends on music taste? I only listen to Metal/Hard Rock/Punk/Rock/Psychedelic Rock. No pop/hip hop/rap allowed in my truck. I also listen to talk radio and it sounds fine. So I'm wondering if the system lacks for those who listen to stuff with booming bass like hip hop? Just a theory... Or maybe I'm just old. :)

Last edited: