Spotify via wireless CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shortly after buying my Gen 3, I noticed my Spotify playlist was only showing 10 or so songs, but it would play all of them. I originally thought I was having Spotify or wireless CarPlay issues and ignored it. I searched FRF and couldn’t find anything. So, today, after about 2 months of ownership, I decided to look into it. After a short few minutes on google, I came across similar issues with other cars. From what I can tell, some OEMs have programmed the way the vehicle and CarPlay communicate, making it limit the amount of information displayed on the screen. Supposedly this is a safety feature to keep drivers from scrolling while driving. Key point…WHILE driving.

So, after reading this, I went to the truck. Sure enough, as long as the vehicle is not in motion, the entire playlist shows. But, while moving, the list is reduced. Doesn’t matter if you’re in Park or not, just can’t be moving. I haven’t tested this when wired, only wireless CarPlay.

I’m sure people more familiar with Ford and/or Raptors have known this, but thought I’d share for any other newb that encounters this. (This is my First Ford vehicle)

Atlanta Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had noticed this and ultimately it resulted in me scrolling on my phone. (Defeating the intended safety purpose)
Now I know the Why.

Thank you

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting find! I was wondering what was going on here since I was sure I had been able to scroll further into playlists before. I guess I was in park! thanks

Another wireless Spotify issue I have dealt with twice this week is after starting the truck, Spotify looks as if it's playing properly, but no audio. I can skip tracks but still no audio. If I change to am/fm/sirius, they all work, but when I get back to CarPlay, still no audio on Spotify. The only fix I can find is to play a song on Apple Music for a second, then go back to Spotify and it works properly. again, twice this week I've had this happen.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea it really sucks that you cant scroll down the list but if you know the song name you can just ask Siri to play it and it will. But I like browsing so I usually pick up my phone which completely defeats the purpose or just keep hitting the next button until I hear it.

Has anyone noticed the low volume difference and sound quality difference? My XM radio sounds a ton better than any song on Spotify. Anyone know the fix for this? I guess I could increase audio quality but that could hurt my data plan. Im open to all ideas on this. Apple Music sounds great, XM sounds great. Spotify is terrible audio quality right now for me.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it really sucks that you cant scroll down the list but if you know the song name you can just ask Siri to play it and it will. But I like browsing so I usually pick up my phone which completely defeats the purpose or just keep hitting the next button until I hear it.

Has anyone noticed the low volume difference and sound quality difference? My XM radio sounds a ton better than any song on Spotify. Anyone know the fix for this? I guess I could increase audio quality but that could hurt my data plan. Im open to all ideas on this. Apple Music sounds great, XM sounds great. Spotify is terrible audio quality right now for me.
Spotify compresses their audio files differently than Apple music, which makes quality suffer from my experience. But if quality is sub par, shouldn't increasing audio quality be your first course of action? I stopped using spotify because sound quality sucks, now I use Apple music with lossless turned on.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm into high-quality audio and actually have Tidal for all of my master tracks and lossless music at home with my sound system. I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere on my phone before I went up on audio quality on Spotify. When I connect my phone to my gf's Chevy it just doesn't sound as bad as in my Raptor. Then again the B and O is terrible.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I was looking into that sub kit for $1500 that allows the back to stay factory but I can’t figure out if that only helps the bass or if the amps that come with it bypass the factory amps and all speakers sound better.
Which kit…link please.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which kit…link please.
most likely this one: