Spark plug change questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorboating

Reaction score
Swapping out my spark plugs for the first time on this truck, i ordered the sp594 plugs. From everything I've seen that's the correct part number. Should i use the anti seize on the spark plugs? Ive heard some people say yes and some people say no. Do the boots need to be swapped out as well? Any tips or tricks would be awesome, thanks.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t use anti sieze on the threads. Boots were ok after about 60k. I put a touch of dielectric grease to help the boot slide over the plug.

It’s a pretty easy job other that moving wires to access the coils.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sp594 are correct
i always use anti seize just dont slather it over
di electric grease on the boot around the cover and where the plug goes

Boots prob good for 100k if not more

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should i use the anti seize on the spark plugs? Ive heard some people say yes and some people say no.
It wont hurt and can help. Haven't installed a plug (including customers) in over 30 years without it. Never had a problem removing one I'd installed.

OP
OP
motorboating

motorboating

Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies everyone. Got some good feedback. Going to swap them out this upcoming weekend. Hopefully all goes well.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sp594 are correct
i always use anti seize just dont slather it over
di electric grease on the boot around the cover and where the plug goes

Boots prob good for 100k if not more

This is the way.

I use the copper-based grease, and also make sure the very thin layer of anti seize I put on doesn’t get down into the last thread or two before the electrode.