Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Alot of trucks had to get updated to the current Sync OS that the 23s are running. We originally didnt have full screen carplay.
Oh dang didn’t know that! It really is a super nice feature.

Seeing some of the Apple integration into vehicles looks really interesting. I really like the feature that when I use navigation on carplay it pops up in the gauge cluster too. Super nice touch.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the truck in to the dealer to do TSB-22-2404 - hoping this fixed my issue. Will let you know later this week.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Service Center was unable to run TSB 22-2404 -

FDRS kicked out the following message: "This vehicle does not qualify for module update repair. The TSB does not apply to this vehicle concern".

Currently trying to message Ford. If anyone has any other ideas, they are much appreciated!

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any other ideas, they are much appreciated!
Give up.
I have tried to get updates at two different dealer and have even called Ford before going to my last dealer visit. All I get is "your truck says it is up to date".

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: Service Center was unable to run TSB 22-2404 -

FDRS kicked out the following message: "This vehicle does not qualify for module update repair. The TSB does not apply to this vehicle concern".

Currently trying to message Ford. If anyone has any other ideas, they are much appreciated!
Here are the steps member @gdflynn1 had his dealer perform that did the trick for him:
- Found update available for gateway module (GWM), applied
- After GWM updated, an APIM updated became available, applied
- After APIM updated, another GWM update became available, applied
- After GWM updated, another APIM...applied
- After APIM update, an update to the TCU was available, applied
- After TCU, another GWM, applied....
- After all the GWM, APIM, TCU updates, I appear to be fully updated now

I gather your Sync is showing as "No Updates Available" which is why the procedure can't be performed? Might be worth a shot to show your SA these steps.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the steps member @gdflynn1 had his dealer perform that did the trick for him:
- Found update available for gateway module (GWM), applied
- After GWM updated, an APIM updated became available, applied
- After APIM updated, another GWM update became available, applied
- After GWM updated, another APIM...applied
- After APIM update, an update to the TCU was available, applied
- After TCU, another GWM, applied....
- After all the GWM, APIM, TCU updates, I appear to be fully updated now

I gather your Sync is showing as "No Updates Available" which is why the procedure can't be performed? Might be worth a shot to show your SA these steps.
I gave my dealer those steps and still no luck.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Faulty Gateway Module perhaps? You try reaching out to Customer Relations?
I called several times to the OTA help line that was posted on here. Wish it were easier to get fixed without all the headache that comes with trying to get the right service tech and dealer to figure out how to do it.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called several times to the OTA help line that was posted on here. Wish it were easier to get fixed without all the headache that comes with trying to get the right service tech and dealer to figure out how to do it.
Give Ford Technology dept a call @ (833) 389-0848 to see what’s going on with your OTA updates. Is the OTA number you have the same as the Ford Tech number above. If not, go direct with Ford Tech.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give Ford Technology dept a call @ (833) 389-0848 to see what’s going on with your OTA updates. Is the OTA number you have the same as the Ford Tech number above. If not, go direct with Ford Tech.
Yes, I called the 833-389-0848 number.