So what about that calendar in the teaser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you go to :29 sec. in, it clearly shows a calendar with the 18th circled. The month says February on the side. Considering the teaser at the end of the trailer, is it possible details on the Raptor R or more details on what was shown today?

I'm expecting a long string of teasers. Gotta keep the fanboys on all sides interested. So far, it's working well.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for doing the leg work for me lol

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I gather, this teaser is also meant to be a tribute to someone, I assume related to off road racing, that passed away. Starts off with 'main character' sleeping, having dreams/nightmares...oddly about what he seems to be about to do. The date, Feb 18th, is likely the anniversary of his death. The picture is of the 'main character' and this person. The picture is kept in a book, that looks like some sort of diary? Not sure. Anyway, on his early morning trip, he stops to pick up a rock. Later, he puts that rock on stack of rock. I believe this is meant to be a means of remembering the other man in the picture, the friend he lost. Teaser intentially cuts out the music while the guy is out of the truck, and paying tribute or what have you.

That's what I'm seeing anyway. It's not a bad little story line, but, seems very odd as a means of introducing the truck. I mean, the teaser should get us excited, but instead, it makes you almost feel guilty about selfishly looking at the truck with this guy is mourning the death of a friend? I'd like to find another interpretation of it, but can't think of any. Perhaps if you know the guy that passed, or someone like him, who would appreciate the Raptor, then has a positive effect?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I gather, this teaser is also meant to be a tribute to someone, I assume related to off road racing, that passed away. Starts off with 'main character' sleeping, having dreams/nightmares...oddly about what he seems to be about to do. The date, Feb 18th, is likely the anniversary of his death. The picture is of the 'main character' and this person. The picture is kept in a book, that looks like some sort of diary? Not sure. Anyway, on his early morning trip, he stops to pick up a rock. Later, he puts that rock on stack of rock. I believe this is meant to be a means of remembering the other man in the picture, the friend he lost. Teaser intentially cuts out the music while the guy is out of the truck, and paying tribute or what have you.

That's what I'm seeing anyway. It's not a bad little story line, but, seems very odd as a means of introducing the truck. I mean, the teaser should get us excited, but instead, it makes you almost feel guilty about selfishly looking at the truck with this guy is mourning the death of a friend? I'd like to find another interpretation of it, but can't think of any. Perhaps if you know the guy that passed, or someone like him, who would appreciate the Raptor, then has a positive effect?
It looks like a bible and I thought his Dad and him were Pictured with a Gen 1.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like a bible and I thought his Dad and him were Pictured with a Gen 1.

That makes more sense than it being some pro driver I'm supposed to know. Good call and not as depressing somehow. Just noticed the Dad was wearing a Metallica shirt.

I thought it was a bible at first too, but at around the 2 minute mark, he takes the picture out of the book and the page shown is a drawing of what looks like a desert landscape.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That makes more sense than it being some pro driver I'm supposed to know. Good call and not as depressing somehow. Just noticed the Dad was wearing a Metallica shirt.

I thought it was a bible at first too, but at around the 2 minute mark, he takes the picture out of the book and the page shown is a drawing of what looks like a desert landscape.
I didn't notice the drawing, will have to look again, ha ha.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe to show the 'birth' of the 3rd generation of Raptors...

Ahhhh. I just counted the number of rocks in the stack. There are 8 and he's adding the 9th. Gen 1 came out in 2010, with 2 years off in between Gen 1 and Gen 2, right?. So 8 years of Raptors and we are about to start the 9th.