So Cal. Looking for a good price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Randy about a week ago and the chances of ordering a 2012 through him sounds pretty grim. I live in Ventura County, CA and there are a few dealers around me offering loaded screws for msrp. I'm considering paying sticker "54k" for a loaded black screw with every option other than the blue inserts and the graphics package. Anyone else out there breaking down and paying sticker for a 2012? Am I crazy for even considering paying this? If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

You're only as crazy as you think you are and it's not crazy if it's something you really want. On that note, have you looked a little further away? Might be worth it to save a couple grand to look somewhere else.

panzermechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 For Robyn at Redlands Ford. Now I ordered my truck in December, but got 500 over invoice with zero haggling. She was awesome to deal with, answered all my questions, got the extended warranty bumped to 7 years, got me a sub 2% rate (better than my credit union) and was willing to drop it off at my station and complete the purchase there because I was in the middle of a 120 and drive my shitbox trade in back. A much different experience than Ken Grody Ford where they told me 10k over MSRP and laughed when I tried to lower the price

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Wyattearp

Reaction score
Ok I've talked to Robyn at Redlands Ford "$500 over invoice" and Greg Fees at Louisburg Ford in KS "$50 over invoice plus the fee of shipping to CA". Waiting on some actual numbers from these two. It's a tough call for me right now. I have a 2007 BMW 525i that's got 130k miles on it and the transmission is starting to flair. My local dealer will give me 12k for the BMW and sticker on a loaded 2012 blk/blk SCREW. That being said... if I wait it out and cross my fingers that the BMW doesn't grenade, I'll have my truck in about 16 weeks at about a $5,000 discount. Or, I go pay sticker and get a decent trade in amount but I hate the thought of paying sticker!!! I've found myself in quite the pickle!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Ok... Greg from Louisburg just emailed me. It's either I order from him and pay $49k + $1,200 to ship it out private to CA with a 10-16 week wait, or i go trade in my BMW now and drive the same truck home for 54k. Dammit!!! Why can't I just go pay 49k for the truck sitting on the lot tonight!? Haha, in a perfect world...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I've talked to Robyn at Redlands Ford "$500 over invoice" and Greg Fees at Louisburg Ford in KS "$50 over invoice plus the fee of shipping to CA". Waiting on some actual numbers from these two. It's a tough call for me right now. I have a 2007 BMW 525i that's got 130k miles on it and the transmission is starting to flair. My local dealer will give me 12k for the BMW and sticker on a loaded 2012 blk/blk SCREW. That being said... if I wait it out and cross my fingers that the BMW doesn't grenade, I'll have my truck in about 16 weeks at about a $5,000 discount. Or, I go pay sticker and get a decent trade in amount but I hate the thought of paying sticker!!! I've found myself in quite the pickle!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Ok... Greg from Louisburg just emailed me. It's either I order from him and pay $49k + $1,200 to ship it out private to CA with a 10-16 week wait, or i go trade in my BMW now and drive the same truck home for 54k. Dammit!!! Why can't I just go pay 49k for the truck sitting on the lot tonight!? Haha, in a perfect world...

I ordered w/ Robyn at Redlands Ford, and got the $500 deal plus $225 to ship to my local dealer in GA.

Wyattearp

Reaction score
Ok good to hear! So sounds like what I've heard about the drop ship fee of $250-$350 is possible. Randy was telling me about it. He said only certain Ford dealerships would comply with accepting Raptors as drop ships. I believe for me it would be the Ford dealership in Huntington Beach CA. If all of these numbers are the real deal, my only dilemma would be driving my transmission flaring 5 series for another 3+ months and hope for the best!? I'd also have to list it on autotrader and try to get as close to 12k private party as possible.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok good to hear! So sounds like what I've heard about the drop ship fee of $250-$350 is possible. Randy was telling me about it. He said only certain Ford dealerships would comply with accepting Raptors as drop ships. I believe for me it would be the Ford dealership in Huntington Beach CA. If all of these numbers are the real deal, my only dilemma would be driving my transmission flaring 5 series for another 3+ months and hope for the best!? I'd also have to list it on autotrader and try to get as close to 12k private party as possible.

Yes, I highly recommend Robyn. I've referred a few members of the board to her already. However, if you are willing to sacrifice a little bit of money for customer service, I'd go with Randy. He has enough satisfied customers to make an army. I went with Robyn because she gave me the absolute best deal, and I was trying to meet a budget (which I had to sacrifice the moonroof for that). Anyways, I think Randy is all out of allocation though, so you may have to wait until the 2013 MY (model year) order banks open to place an order with him. I know Robyn has taken in a lot of Raptor orders, so she may be out of allocation as well (check with her).

More about my experience with Robyn... communication was great. She kept me updated and sent out the paperwork promptly. However, taking delivery was kind of a PIA. I sent out a cashier's check (supposedly as good as cash), but they still made me wait for the check to "clear." This was over a matter of a couple days, but you can understand my frustration when you have been waiting months for the truck and it is sitting right in front of your eyes well within your reach to just drive it off the lot. Anyways... the transaction went smoothly and I had my truck in 6 days time (including a weekend) from delivery to driving off the lot. Also, being 4 hours ahead of CA time did not help me during the final days of the transaction...

Just a word of advice... the front camera is a waste of money IMHO. Good luck

36vegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Soutars Ford in Barstow, CA. Good people. I know they have a 2011 supercab white on there lot loaded. Ask for Clint or Sean 760-256-2241

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randy just posted another thread where he nabbed a few that are brand new... Something about they were only used to haul around the St. Louis Cardinals on opening day. I believe he said $1500.00 under MSRP, but NO WAITING.

Another option is to talk to Raptizzle. He is in Hawaii right now, but should be back sooner than later. His wife's family owns a Ford dealership in the OC.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option is to talk to Raptizzle. He is in Hawaii right now, but should be back sooner than later. His wife's family owns a Ford dealership in the OC.

Thanks Bo. For anyone interested, PM me your contact info and I'll pass it on to my wife, Nicole. She runs the Internet Dept. at her families dealership in Costa Mesa - Theodore Robins Ford. She has hooked it up for 10 or so forum referrals at huge discounted prices.