So Cal. Looking for a good price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I started shopping for my Ford Raptor and so far every dealer has them marked up way above MSRP and still not giving a deal on a special ordered one. So I was hoping maybe someone on here can help me out. Am located between LA and OC.

Last edited:

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I started shopping for my Ford Raptor and so far every dealer has them marked up way above MSRP and still not giving a deal on a special ordered one. So I was hoping maybe someone on here can help me out.

Ford has made changes to the way they are handing out 2012 Raptors,
(and allowcations) in the last couple on months. Dealers have orders that have been in the order bank for months, and still not pulled/vin'ed.
Most dealers that have a Raptor in stock, are being called EVERY day by other dealers, for near MSRP. So not much of reason for a dealer to sell
a Raptor sitting on their lot for much less than MSRP. (OR OVER MSRP)

I have 16 orders in the order bank, praying I get them all built.

randy

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really glad I got my order in before the changes, but now I'd just really like it to arrive. I've survived this long, so I guess another couple of weeks won't be so bad! :biggun:

OP
OP
Swagger4

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there is a shortage of them and dealers are marking them up. Any way I can get one as close as possible to invoice?

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there is a shortage of them and dealers are marking them up. Any way I can get one as close as possible to invoice?

Luck

I dealer traded for 10 last year, 2011. So far this year ONLY 3, I have been turned down 49 times out of 50.

randy

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luck

I dealer traded for 10 last year, 2011. So far this year ONLY 3, I have been turned down 49 times out of 50.

randy

Doesn't sound promising for the Raptor's continued manufacturing. If Ford cant get rid of the current stock due to greediness, whats the point.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't sound promising for the Raptor's continued manufacturing. If Ford cant get rid of the current stock due to greediness, whats the point.

I hope the dealers don't destroy the Raptor market like they did the Thunderbird. I had to wait 2 years to get a 2004 Thunderbird for a decent price. For 2 years California dealers held them for ransom, anywhere from 3000 to 10000 over sticker. I heard similar happened to the Ford GT. Dealers like Galpin were the worst offenders, they would buy as many vehicles the could find and sit on them asking huge markups. The information for the 2006 Thunderbird had been released by Ford, but they stopped production with the 2005 because the market disappeared. Once enough buyers for a niche vehicle have purchased and others have given up because of high markups the market is gone.

I hope that doesn't happen with the Raptor.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

So I started shopping for my Ford Raptor and so far every dealer has them marked up way above MSRP and still not giving a deal on a special ordered one. So I was hoping maybe someone on here can help me out. Am located between LA and OC.

Go on line and go through American express auto program. They will email you a list of dealers with the best prices, you choose the one you want and the dealer will contact you by email. No cost to you, I don't think you even have to be an American express customer.

Wyattearp

Reaction score
I called Randy about a week ago and the chances of ordering a 2012 through him sounds pretty grim. I live in Ventura County, CA and there are a few dealers around me offering loaded screws for msrp. I'm considering paying sticker "54k" for a loaded black screw with every option other than the blue inserts and the graphics package. Anyone else out there breaking down and paying sticker for a 2012? Am I crazy for even considering paying this? If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, no wonder the dealer's were not coming down from their prices when I went in.

ace75

Reaction score
I went through Robyn at Redlands Ford. You wont be dissappointed in the price.