GEN 2 Skid plate bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sloegin

Reaction score
Piggybacking, anyone know the bolts and more importantly the clip/U-nut for the plates removed during an oil change? I found an older thread and ordered the parts noted in it and they were all wrong. Local ford dealer is no help either and they quoted $85 and wont know if it's right until it delivers.

Just looking to get some extra clip/u-nuts on hand and maybe a couple bolts too just in case. For the black plate that removes for the oil drain (x3 bolts) and the steel plate (x5 bolts) for the oil filter. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
The screws and u-nuts for the access panel on the front skid plate to reach the oil filter are 8mm x 1.25mm x 25mm of thread length. Has anyone found a easier/quicker and more durable solution?

Last edited:

NeilGraham

Reaction score
Where did you order the wall bolts from? Usually, websites provide details about the length and thickness of bolts, so I find it odd that you couldn’t get this information. Longer bolts offer more secure fixing, and they're usually available at any online store that sells fastener supplies. If you aren’t used to online stores, I’d advise you to try walk-in hardware retailers and ask for help from the workers there. When I renovated my house, I experienced a lot of issues because I didn’t know which bolts fit where or what type of wall plugs I needed. That’s why I asked for advice from customer service at a fastener store.

Last edited: