Searching with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What year? Can you send pics?
You should exercise caution buying from an FRF with less than 100 posts and not a support member - it’s a rules violation to sell outside of the garage sale forum and that access is moderator approved.

Sure, it could be legit, but it could also not be legit.
Caveat emptor.

OP
OP
S

slideways247

Reaction score
You should exercise caution buying from an FRF with less than 100 posts and not a support member - it’s a rules violation to sell outside of the garage sale forum and that access is moderator approved.

Sure, it could be legit, but it could also not be legit.
Caveat emptor.
Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of the violation.

grendel

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have wanted a Raptor for a while now, and finally have decided that it's time. I was a Ford tech for 15 years but got out of the dealer life back in 2012 when these things just came out, so I don't have a lot of technical knowledge on the different years. I'm trying to decide between a supercharged first gen or a second or third gen. What do you guys think are the better years? Engine work doesn't scare me at all. Transmission work on the other hand is better suited for transmission guys. Never have liked working on auto transmissions. I had a 1998 Super Cab F150 that I drivetrain swapped with a 2000 Lightning. That was a very fun truck. Surprised many a hot rod with it. I currently have a 2000 F250 7.3 that I have had for 20 years as a daily with 285k miles. She's going to go from a daily to a weekend tow rig for the toy hauler. I'm a gearhead through and through and have had many many cars and trucks over the years that I have built and modified. Thank you all in advance for your input.
I've had all three. The last two ('17 and '22) I enjoy a lot more. The '22 is my favorite. I took the '17 and thrashed the shit out of it all over Baja for months and then drove it back to Colorado. Zero issues. The '22 is great as a car around town and as an off-road monster. It can turn into a beast by depressing the throttle. While I wouldn't turn down an R model, I have plenty of power for everything I do. It's a better truck than I am a driver...that's for sure. I'd go with a Gen3. My $0.02. Good luck! (if you like wrenching, the Gen1 might be better for that...but I'm no mechanic).