SDI Eclick on Pre- LV Shock Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had eclik and '19 Live valves (with SDI revolve) on my '17 truck for about a year and a half now. It has been the mod I have enjoyed the most. The ride is better, the handling is better. And I don't even offroad. :cool:

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure a OBD II splitter will work but is anyone out there running their access port and the E-Click display at the same time?

Looking at using this unless someone out there has some better advice:

Alicatong OBD2 Splitter 16 Pin OBD II Splitter Y Extension J1962 1x Male and 2X Female Extension Open Cable Adapter GPS Tracker Devic... https://a.co/d/adKEvuX
Were you ever able to make this work with any OBD2 splitter device?

I’m in installing my SDI e-clik system on my 2017 now, but I would like to be able to run my old nGauge simultaneously.

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpeg
    IMG_1734.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@802Avalanche yes, however, in order to get a good connection I removed the OBDII port from under the dash via the two screws on each side. I then wound up my SDI and COBB cables into a nice bundle and zip tied them to other plastic pieces of the trim much higher up into the dash to keep it out of sight. I then double zip tied the COBB-Splitter-OBDII port with additional zip ties to withstand spirited driving. So far I've driven about 6k miles on this setup issue free and run both on all the time.

OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@smurfslayer do it now..... (Arnold voice) best mod hands down even over the newer Gen3 suspension (stock). It's a whole different animal on and off road with the sdi, I say spring extra time at SDI and send the shocks to them for their re-valving and special sauce. If you haven't already purchased the Kit I'd hit up Rick Freedom Motorsports.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@smurfslayer do it now..... (Arnold voice) best mod hands down even over the newer Gen3 suspension (stock). It's a whole different animal on and off road with the sdi, I say spring extra time at SDI and send the shocks to them for their re-valving and special sauce. If you haven't already purchased the Kit I'd hit up Rick Freedom Motorsports.
The shocks are already in my garage from SDI, now awaiting the e-click controller.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@802Avalanche yes, however, in order to get a good connection I removed the OBDII port from under the dash via the two screws on each side. I then wound up my SDI and COBB cables into a nice bundle and zip tied them to other plastic pieces of the trim much higher up into the dash to keep it out of sight. I then double zip tied the COBB-Splitter-OBDII port with additional zip ties to withstand spirited driving. So far I've driven about 6k miles on this setup issue free and run both on all the time.
Sounds great. Now how do I get my hands on a COBB OBD2 splitter port? I only see a cable on their site.

I had no luck so far with an old splitter I had in the garage from P3 Gauges.

OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@802Avalanche try this, it's worked great for me thus far with 0 issues!

bbfly-A9 OBD II OBD2 16 Pin Splitter Extension 1x Male and 2X Female Extension Cable Adapter (2FT/60CM)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709_060146_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_060146_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 6

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Misfit_1122 I ordered this Auto Meter splitter the day before your last post. I ran it around town for a week or two loosely installed, and it seems to be working great. So I just bolted into place using the existing nuts on both sides of the OEM OBD2 port.

Without too much hassle, I should be able to unplug and bypass the splitter when I need to flash a tune or run a data log.

Unfortunately, the mounting tabs are kind of a flimsy plastic. So hopefully it holds up well enough.

IMG_2037.jpeg