SDHQ Frame Reinforcement Kit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTOR2012GR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
two way tape helps to install the inner bracket took longer to remove the spare then the brackets themselves lol the other bracket is easy once you figure out to push against the frame then screw it in or it will fall flat and its harder to get out

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
THANK YOU for the video. I got the passenger gusset in place in 5 minutes, but I was trying to jam the driver side gusset in around the brake lines for 45 minutes before I saw your vid. Watched the video and got it in 5 minutes later. Don't pull that out of context.

Also, I just got off the phone with Jason at SDHQ, and he tells me the torque for the 3/4" is 107 lb-ft, while the 9/16" is 44 lb-ft. Probably won't make a difference either way, but thought I would mention it.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
THANK YOU for the video. I got the passenger gusset in place in 5 minutes, but I was trying to jam the driver side gusset in around the brake lines for 45 minutes before I saw your vid. Watched the video and got it in 5 minutes later. Don't pull that out of context.

Also, I just got off the phone with Jason at SDHQ, and he tells me the torque for the 3/4" is 107 lb-ft, while the 9/16" is 44 lb-ft. Probably won't make a difference either way, but thought I would mention it.
We will go with that then

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha. I wish I was that easy. It wasn't that easy or fun to me. Plus I a hell of a time trying to keep that trapezoid piece to stand up and stay standing while I wrenched that down. To bad I don't drink because that job was definitely worth a couple beers. Lol

Last edited:

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surely the benefit is down to the grip the bolt heads have ??