Running 37's with Stock Fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted pics of this already but here is what I did to run 37's with stock fenders on top perch...

Pic1-Hammered pinch weld

Pic2-Trim fender

Pic3-Should look something like this

Pic4-Fender lip before

Pic5-Fender lip after

Also, do the rear pinch weld just in case especially with true 37.

This mod allowed me to go hard in pismo and the worst thing that happens is the fender trim will pop off. Not a permanent fix because tires can/will knock off the trim but your tires fender and rest of truck will be safe. My suggestion is if you want to play hard and not buy aftermarket glass just take off the trim for wheelin then put it back on for the street and you shouldn't have any issues. I will try to post a video of a jump when the trim survived and when it didn't. Oh and if you're going to do this make sure you test it out before any real offroading. Every truck and setup is different. I have 37/13.5 r18 toyos with 18/9 +18mm offset wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

IronRaptor

Reaction score
Capt thanks for posting the pics. I am putting 37's on today and I already did the pinch seam, but I am on the middle perch. I did not know you could trim the fender like that, so I am going to it soon. I am running stock rims and the tires will be 12.50's. I can't do much off road (wife has neck issues) so I am hoping this set up will work for around town driving and maybe some slow fire roads...

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Sorry one more question. How is the ride on the regular road when the setting is top perch?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I am thinking that you are NOT running a fender liner, correct?

Here are embeds of your vids:
[VIMEO]73272585[/VIMEO]

[VIMEO]73275098[/VIMEO]

OP
OP
Capt_Holstein559
Reaction score
Capt thanks for posting the pics. I am putting 37's on today and I already did the pinch seam, but I am on the middle perch. I did not know you could trim the fender like that, so I am going to it soon. I am running stock rims and the tires will be 12.50's. I can't do much off road (wife has neck issues) so I am hoping this set up will work for around town driving and maybe some slow fire roads...

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Sorry one more question. How is the ride on the regular road when the setting is top perch?

Im guessing you will probably still rub on the bottom corner if you didn't trim that. Just test it with one tire on before driving. Crank it both ways and check where it will contact if shock compresses. Top perch is a noticable difference on rough roads and basically no difference around town. I do 90% of my driving on beat up old country roads and I wouldnt change anything. I tried top perch first with the intention to go to mid and different tires if I didnt like it with toyos 45 days return policy. I went offroading that weekend and voided warranty because it was a no brainer to keep the setup

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Just to be clear, I am thinking that you are NOT running a fender liner, correct?

Here are embeds of your vids:
[VIMEO]73272585[/VIMEO]

[VIMEO]73275098[/VIMEO]

No i still have the liners. Just trimmed them where it was needed, put a couple extra screws on the top side for a extra support and zip tied back front inner liner on passenger side

IronRaptor

Reaction score
You were right! they did rub a little on the bottom corners and the guys at discount tire removed a little of the flair down there and all is good. So for no more rubbing at all, but I have not flexed it yet....

OP
OP
Capt_Holstein559
Reaction score
Nice video and tires.

Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

You were right! they did rub a little on the bottom corners and the guys at discount tire removed a little of the flair down there and all is good. So for no more rubbing at all, but I have not flexed it yet....

Cool..good luck with it!