RPG Off-Road for Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RPG perch collars level the truck by increasing the preload (pressure) on the spring. These collars move the lower seat of the spring up higher which creates more preload.

The RPG collars accomplish the same thing as the coil spacers do by putting more preload (pressure) on the spring. The RPG collars shorten up the space the spring sits in versus coil spacers which compress the spring in the stock space for the spring.

A spring with more preload (pressure) will make the front end stiffer. Some people claim they don't notice/feel a difference, others say they can tell. It may be obvious, but the bigger the spacer is, the stiffer the ride will be.
Reviving this comment. I wanna put 37’s on my 35 and through research found that street driving will be no issue but if looking to off-road I should invest in the perch collars. I’m totally going to do it, but wanted to know if you could recommend what size I should get? Would 3” be too aggressive? Also, would it make sense to get a level or “lift” for the rear as well when I do the fronts??? I just don’t want some weird rake thing going on.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them installed on my truck and added 37s. They are great-I notice zero difference in how the truck rides both on and off-road and I am also dead level with the 1.5 collar. I was mid perch on my Gen 1 and 2 1/4 was needed to level my Gen 2. I think the larger you go on the collar, the more it will effect your ride…
What are your wheels specs if you don’t mind? I have a 35 truck but with 17x8.5 +0 offset and want to get 37’s on when it’s time for new tires. I have read that I’ll be fine for 37’s with the perch collars but I’m just curious. Thanks!

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Reviving this comment. I wanna put 37’s on my 35 and through research found that street driving will be no issue but if looking to off-road I should invest in the perch collars. I’m totally going to do it, but wanted to know if you could recommend what size I should get? Would 3” be too aggressive? Also, would it make sense to get a level or “lift” for the rear as well when I do the fronts??? I just don’t want some weird rake thing going on.
I am only speaking from others experience, my 1.5 collar is all good with no issues, but going 3" collar may be too much preload and start to hurt some of the CV angles up front. I personally would not go more than 2.25 collar or 2.2 spring. The higher you go the harder alignment can be as well. Even with my 1.5 collar the shop recommended cam alignment bolts to help the alignment process. I don't know anyone personally that has used a 3" collar so I might be talking out of my ass, 2.25 should be plenty. If you do 2.25 up front you will probably need a 3/4-1 " rear spacer to not squat.

Last edited: