RPG Gen3 Rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wrapping up the install of a RPG rear bumper on my gen 3. I am by no means a professional mechanic, although I do like to do as much of the mods on my truck myself.

Huge shout out to @Johnny@Apollo-Optics for help with ordering, and answering my random install questions.

First step I did was cutting the exhaust tips, added some turndowns with clamps from summit.
IMG_2043.jpeg

Next I removed the rear bumper, starting with all the sensors, trailer plug, and other accessories. There’s 3 nuts per mount that need to come off to remove the bumper in one piece.
IMG_2182.jpeg

I cut the bumper frame mounts using a grinder.
IMG_2183.jpeg

Followed this with the dovetail cuts.
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2191.jpeg

After cutting I hit every surface that was cut with a few coats of matte black paint.

OP
OP
SeasickLI

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once everything was dry, it was time to prep the RPG bumper for install. Started with mounting the s2 leds. I put the bumper up into place alone, so I taped the two bottom bolts into the face of the bumper, lifted it and started the two lock nuts. A second set of hands would be ideal for this.

Adding this for the license plate lights. I used T-taps to grab signal from the oem lights. I have them tucked up under the bed.

I grabbed power from the yellow/brown wire, and grounded into the black/white wire.
IMG_2192.jpeg

Final product for now. Waiting on some trim to come in to finish the dovetails.
IMG_2198.jpegIMG_2206.jpeg
IMG_2200.jpeg

All said and done it’s a pretty involved process, but the end results were way worth it. Will update with some more pictures when I get the trim installed.

Last edited:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That turned out fantastic! Thanks for putting this together....huge help for me in the coming days/weeks.