GEN 2 Rough Downshift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Jeffords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor with 6,700 miles. It's never been off road and is pampered. I have noticed lately a significant jump when slowing. It happens consistently when downshifting from 4th to 3rd and while in "Normal" mode. It seems to be more pronounced the colder it is. Normal or time to visit the dealer?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yes, I posted this same question a few days ago, there is a TSB for trucks built before May/18 I believe. Let me look.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does not sound normal if you are in normal mode. I can tell mine is down shifting sometimes, but not all the time and not in an obtrusive way. In sport mode it slams all over the place lol.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor with 6,700 miles. It's never been off road and is pampered. I have noticed lately a significant jump when slowing. It happens consistently when downshifting from 4th to 3rd and while in "Normal" mode. It seems to be more pronounced the colder it is. Normal or time to visit the dealer?
I had same thing and dealer updated tcm and pcm. All good now. I have a 17 btw

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk