Rigid triple fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally finished the install of my Rigid triples. I made my own fuse/relay panel (nearly exactly like LVJ’s offerings but I made some changes) I did buy LVJ’s mount and purchased the SPV harness for the Rigid lights. I went with a 50A resettable circuit breaker instead of a fuse. I have the AUX wires terminated into two/3 wire weatherproof connectors. The 3 AUX outputs plug directly into the SPV harness. The remaining 3 AUX outputs (AUX4-6) are tied out of the way under the fuse/relay panel.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1600.jpeg
    IMG_1600.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1601.jpeg
    IMG_1601.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why did you add relays/fuses? You have a Raptor with upfitters. They can power the Rigids without the need for relays/fuses

OP
OP
Q

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added them because I didn’t like the limitations of AUX1/2 at 15A, AUX3/4 at 10A, and AUX5/6 at 5A. I now have the ability to run anything I could imagine while only using the factory AUX switching as relay triggers. I do realize that the Rigid LED lights I installed probably pull less than 2 Amps. That said I can adjust my fuse sizes accordingly and have more circuit protection. Also, I over build everything and I like the redundancy. LOL

tomcatdad

Reaction score
So how many of the switches did you use for the lights? two? three? My previous truck had an aftermarket bumper but I will be looking at these pods for my factory bumper soon

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So how many of the switches did you use for the lights? two? three? My previous truck had an aftermarket bumper but I will be looking at these pods for my factory bumper soon

You'd utilize 3 switches total basically.

1 switch for each pair of lights (so 3)

Our kits include our harness that connects each pair of lights to the upfitter switch. Real easy.

If you went with the Diode Dynamics Kit w/back-lighting then you'd utilize a 4th switch to control the backlight feature.