Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I want Tails! ;)
betasezy.jpg

Me too. lol
Trying to use LED's as the turn signal bulb is what's killing this product.
I may just offer LED's on the sides and custom paint and just use the regular bulbs for the turn signals.
Our trucks are stubborn with LED's in general and don't want to flash normal.
SUCKS!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be ok with not having the sequential break. how about just breaking? basically powering the light threw snow and mud is what I'm wanting.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. lol
Trying to use LED's as the turn signal bulb is what's killing this product.
I may just offer LED's on the sides and custom paint and just use the regular bulbs for the turn signals.
Our trucks are stubborn with LED's in general and don't want to flash normal.
SUCKS!

Hyperflash is a bitch. It frustrates me to no end, because I want the clean, sharp cutoff that LEDs give you, but I don't want the amateur-looking fast blinker, so I'm pretty torn. I still have LED bulbs in all of my stock housings, and I cringe every time I use my blinker.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the resistors not working for the hyperflash for you? Never had an issue with the current aftermarket ones.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the resistors not working for the hyperflash for you? Never had an issue with the current aftermarket ones.

I never installed the resistors that I have. I'm not any kind of electrician, and I'm fairly concerned about just how well of a job that I would be able to do if I did the install myself. I'm still trying to find some kind of a reputable lighting shop in rural western Colorado, but nothing so far.

Since resistors are basically just a heat sink, I would rather not take the chance of having to deal with potential fires or melted wire harnesses that might happen if I have a "hold my beer" moment and try to tackle it myself.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I've used the heat sink resistors for them as well and boy did they get hot as shit, just way too hot.
So that was out of the question for sure. My goal is to build these so that they are basically a plug and play and not have the customers have to cut wires or whatever to connect them.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've used the heat sink resistors for them as well and boy did they get hot as shit, just way too hot.
So that was out of the question for sure. My goal is to build these so that they are basically a plug and play and not have the customers have to cut wires or whatever to connect them.

+1!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford