RELIABLE AIR CONDITIONER FOR TRUCK BED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gunner kennel with their fan.
I appreciate your time, but a Gunner Kennel is for pets. Attached is my current set up. That said, I would settle for a partition in the rear passenger area. Not a partition between the front and back, a partition that would keep two dogs separated with the rear seats retracted. In other words, splitting the rear passenger compartment length wise, in half.

Attachments

• FA7B05AC-7775-4EA2-9ADA-55CB42FC7C24.jpeg
    FA7B05AC-7775-4EA2-9ADA-55CB42FC7C24.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 737B44B0-7215-402D-A8B0-5921DE302C7D.jpeg
    737B44B0-7215-402D-A8B0-5921DE302C7D.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 4909BD28-FF25-4204-ACB2-A1DD9C4B14DD.jpeg
    4909BD28-FF25-4204-ACB2-A1DD9C4B14DD.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably just buy a separate monitoring system. This one runs off the verizon network and gives real time texts and emails when temps reach your preset limits.

View attachment 411830

I LIKE THAT! I currently have AT&T and will switch if I cannot find something similar. I hit the waggle website and saw that they offered a camera option as well, but either I missed it, or I’m stupid, I could not find if the camera works off cellular as well? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your time, but a Gunner Kennel is for pets. Attached is my current set up. That said, I would settle for a partition in the rear passenger area. Not a partition between the front and back, a partition that would keep two dogs separated with the rear seats retracted. In other words, splitting the rear passenger compartment length wise, in half.
Ok

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
Plenty of small AC units at lowes, you just have to pipe out the hot air they produce, and a third part monitoring device to monitor the Temps.

If I can make one suggestion, k9s have cars especially built for this, with monitors, auto roll down windows, alarms and pagers. One failed the other day and we lost a good boi.. point is, for traveling this is ok, but never ever leave the truck because systems fail, fuses pop, ACs overheat and shut down and heat strokes happen fast.

<----- avid dog lover. Good on you for keeping them comfortable.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of small AC units at lowes, you just have to pipe out the hot air they produce, and a third part monitoring device to monitor the Temps.

If I can make one suggestion, k9s have cars especially built for this, with monitors, auto roll down windows, alarms and pagers. One failed the other day and we lost a good boi.. point is, for traveling this is ok, but never ever leave the truck because systems fail, fuses pop, ACs overheat and shut down and heat strokes happen fast.

<----- avid dog lover. Good on you for keeping them comfortable.
Yes, I was a K9 cop for awhile and although I never personally knew a dog to die in the back of a cop car, I’ve read about it many times. An incident just occurred in Houston, which brought me back to reality. I really want to keep them separate inside the rear passenger compartment. I know I can get a cop insert installed, but inserts do not allow the seat to recline and fully go back, plus they rattle like rocks in a tin can. I found the below link and it would be perfect, but they do t make it for the Raptor. I went to Extendo Bed and not only do they have a two year wait, the cost would be about 5k to manufacture. I cannot go to any metal fabricator because they do not have CAD drawings available and during installation they could punch a hole in something they shouldn’t. I think I am SOL and will attempt to secure a wood divider between the two dogs. Many thanks for all the suggestions

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I was a K9 cop for awhile and although I never personally knew a dog to die in the back of a cop car, I’ve read about it many times. An incident just occurred in Houston, which brought me back to reality. I really want to keep them separate inside the rear passenger compartment. I know I can get a cop insert installed, but inserts do not allow the seat to recline and fully go back, plus they rattle like rocks in a tin can. I found the below link and it would be perfect, but they do t make it for the Raptor. I went to Extendo Bed and not only do they have a two year wait, the cost would be about 5k to manufacture. I cannot go to any metal fabricator because they do not have CAD drawings available and during installation they could punch a hole in something they shouldn’t. I think I am SOL and will attempt to secure a wood divider between the two dogs. Many thanks for all the suggestions

Why do you need a separation between them? Will the fight?

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need a separation between them? Will the fight?
I don’t know and I don’t want to find out. Both are type A high drive male dogs. Currently they play well together, but one is almost 5 and the other is not even 5 months old. Based on my experience, with the right stimulus, they may kill each other.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know and I don’t want to find out. Both are type A high drive male dogs. Currently they play well together, but one is almost 5 and the other is not even 5 months old. Based on my experience, with the right stimulus, they may kill each other.
Actually been there, 1000’s in vet bills until I took one to the pound. Glad you care.