Raptor Videos & Exhaust Sound + New Dumont Dunes Cali Sand Dune Videos & TFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. as long as it doesn’t do that burbling crap like all these idiots in their cars do and think it’s cool. Sounds like garbage

JSAN

Reaction score
Sounds good for a V6! I don't know why he kept shutting it off and coming to the camera to say what mode that was. He should have stayed in the truck and yelled out what mode he was going to shift into and let us hear the change in the sound/tone.

Also I would have also liked to hear what it sounded like inside the truck. He should have done another part to this video where the camera/mic was inside and same thing, change the modes without shutting it off.

I believe another complaint was that Ford was using fake engine noise to compensate for the V6 sound. So I would have liked to heard what this real engine sound is like on the inside.

But still good video.

JSAN

Reaction score
And does the exhaust button on the steering wheel show quad pipes? I mean it just shows one side, but its implying the truck has a quad exhaust setup. Maybe they designed the button to be used in Raptor R as well, and it probably has Quad pipe setup. They did say they wanted to make it easier to differentiate between the Raptor models or something. Something like this:

EzsmTPt.jpg

360North

Reaction score
Finally!…was wondering when TFL would finally get their hands on a Gen3 (aside from the initial Raptor unveiling)? That said…I noticed they were out in the desert…and Mr. Levine has been posting some teasers of the Gen3’s testing in the desert recently. My guess is that they were having a Media/Press event for driving them & given that TFL advised that more video reviews are coming in just a few days…must be either an embargo on releasing the Media reviews or they are working on finishing editorial approval first. Needless to say…wouldn’t be surprised if there are a flood of Gen3 Raptor reviews hitting the news wires by Labor Day!! :cool:

Now…that aside…I think everyone can agree that a V8 is preferred. However…I have no interest in paying an extra $20K+ ($100K+ overall) just to get a V8 exhaust note and even worse fuel economy (not concerned about more power, I can get it tuned & be satisfied with it). Those that wish to burn $20K+…good luck with that…you must have deep pockets. As for me…there’s a whole bunch of other ways to have FUN with an extra $20K & enjoy time with my family doing it!!! Not to mention, if gas prices continue to go up…I’ll be glad I have the V6 & the fuel economy that comes with it!

As far as the Gen3 exhaust sound is concerned…so far, from what I’ve seen & heard online…it is much improved over the Gen2 exhaust (which seemed very Quiet, compared to the Gen3). However, like most…I reserve final judgment for when I actually hear it & drive it in-person…but I will still take delivery regardless.

To the haters & trolls out there…your opinions have zero affect on my decision making…if you don’t like the exhaust sound, I hope you have an extra $20K+ to burn to get the V8 version in the coming years. If you don’t…be thankful that Ford at least finally made an effort to improve it somewhat over the Gen2…as nobody is holding a gun to your head & forcing you to buy one. You can always try to get a deal on a TRX instead!

PEACE!!! :cool:

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. as long as it doesn’t do that burbling crap like all these idiots in their cars do and think it’s cool. Sounds like garbage
What, I like the pop n crackle. It doesnt sound like a Bullitt or GT so that is good. A V6 doing that is great