Raptor SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you from ford? Paid to gauge our interest on this prototype? Lol

Your Best Source For Ford F-150 Raptor SVT Performance, Maintenance and Aftermarket Upgrades. , A Leader In Aftermarket Performance & Synthetic Lubrication Products & Information

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Sure sounds like it. 1st post has a professional photoshopped pic of a supposed random question. Things that make you go hmmm!

But to answer the OP's question. NO I came out of Escalades because I was tearing up the back floor, headliner, and side panels. Pretty much ruins a SUV resale. A 4 door pick up truck is the best of both worlds.

You want revolutionary. Tell FORD engineers to add the option of reclining rear seats. You solve that problem if even 3 inches of recline in the rear and you make a SUV obsolete.

3 rd row seating is cool the first day you use them. The second time the kids complain like hell cause they have 2 inches of leg room an their knees are around their ears. Then you'll never use them after that. Cool marketing but useless unless your kids are 3 foot 5 inches tall and 1 foot of that is legs. DONT DO IT.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Oh. And you going to add that much more weight and NOT offer a V8. Good luck getting a v6 to sell in a land yacht like that.

Yes mr customer. This 7000lb truck will pull your trailer up the mountain with your family and gear in the back. It's powered by a tweaked out small V6. No problems here. (Giving Jeddi hand wave).

Last edited:

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't they try this already called the Excursion? I know that was a F250 based SUV but the size and weight would not be too far off a Raptor SUV. All they need to do is look at how many they sold of those VS production costs. OP's question answered.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
HI guys, Im really liking the new 2017 Raptors, but Im struggling with the idea of owning a pickup truck, I know the pick up makes sense to some and some of you like the idea of a pickup, but I dont need a pickup, it would be impractical, kinda ridiculous in the city and probably will never need the truck bed, ever...

But I still would love a car this capable and to be able to take it to the desert and have fun with it. So I thought it would be cool if ford build an SUV with the Raptor platform, and I made s sketch with photoshop, what do you guys think? would you rather have something like this instead of the pickup?

IMO Birdman or a mod needs to check IP address of this account to see where it came from. Hopefully it traces back to Ford :)

With that being said, my girl already said she'd order 1 ASAP, and I'd love to have it in my driveway right next to my Raptor.

FORD, PLEASE build and sell a Raptor SUV

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go for the truck first. However I have been looking for something for my wife in the SUV world that would be as fun as my Raptor and this would hit the nail on the head. Still like the Bronco renderings better.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get one for the ol lady and get rid of her Explorer sport unless it was too big for her to drive, in that case depending on the ride quality get rid of our Yukon that we use for family trips.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Raptor SUV would be killer.

I would literally never use the bed. Might sit on the tailgate, but that's about it.

It would also give Ford an SUV worth buying.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

If you get the screw cab. What does an suv get you? You can always put a cab or cover on the bed.

Those bed cabs and covers look terrible.

Last edited:

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI guys, Im really liking the new 2017 Raptors, but Im struggling with the idea of owning a pickup truck, I know the pick up makes sense to some and some of you like the idea of a pickup, but I dont need a pickup, it would be impractical, kinda ridiculous in the city and probably will never need the truck bed, ever...

But I still would love a car this capable and to be able to take it to the desert and have fun with it. So I thought it would be cool if ford build an SUV with the Raptor platform, and I made s sketch with photoshop, what do you guys think? would you rather have something like this instead of the pickup?

If Ford built a Raptor SUV - with same capabilities as the truck, but a lid on the back I would buy one for my wife as her SUV!

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Raptor SUV would be killer.

I would literally never use the bed. Might sit on the tailgate, but that's about it.

It would also give Ford an SUV worth buying.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Those bed cabs and covers look terrible.

I love the look of my black diamondback cover. Course if I wanted a soccer mobile I would have gotten a minivan. ;)

I had an suv once and found it not that useful as a utility vehicle. Sure for the wife grocery shopping and stuff but not for when I need a truck. However my truck gets groceries just as well so. Again what does an SUV really get you.

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy that over the 2017 raptor!! I think it looks awesome. Just ruggedize the rear cargo area and have a third row seating option. And while your at it may as well make it the bronco and bring that line back.