Raptor @ Sean Hyland Motorsports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am curious as to what actual benefits the new upper control arm gave. If it is an increase in wheel travel, how much? I do like the grease zerk on the ball joint (they should all come that way from the factory!!).

The actual benefits the upper control arm are, IMO...

profits in SHM's bank account.

I gotta believe it's an esthetics thing and it makes SHM look good because they're selling suspension "upgrades" for the Raptor.

As for swapping out the 5.4 and putting in the GT500's 5.4L supercharged motor, everyone knows that the blown 5.4 from the GT500 doesn't have the torque the Raptor needs! Just ask XJRguy - he'll back me up on that.

Note to readers: There was a post a while back on the banZ forum in which the poster said just that. The blown 5.4 from the GT500 doesn't have the torque the Raptor needs. HA HA HA Yeah, even the 6.2L guys would be happy with that kind of torque and HP. :)

Good find and post Kaiser (what's your real name?). Thanks!

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Having followed Mustangs my whole life is how I knew that. There was a time when that name was well respected but, it began to fall of with customer service and motors failing.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F#$K THAT COMPANY!!

I guess I got lucky though... SHM only cost me $1,000.00, unlike some that have been burned far worse by them.

Anyhow, I like the UCA upgrade. Its an addition I been thinking about making if it came available whenever Ford builds my truck (bet your ass I wont be buying SHM's parts though). Does the Raptor NEED it? No, but it SHOULD allow for some more downward travel if the sway bar will allow it. I beleive the sway bar, as it sits, limits the downward travel when the end links bind?? So idealy you would need a sway bar modification of some sorts and then limiting straps to make a UCA a worth while investment (in my mind).

Another axle shaft failure?? I hope thats the end of those.

Oh and btw, F#$K SHM

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
F#$K THAT COMPANY!!

I guess I got lucky though... SHM only cost me $1,000.00, unlike some that have been burned far worse by them.

Anyhow, I like the UCA upgrade. Its an addition I been thinking about making if it came available whenever Ford builds my truck (bet your ass I wont be buying SHM's parts though). Does the Raptor NEED it? No, but it SHOULD allow for some more downward travel if the sway bar will allow it. I beleive the sway bar, as it sits, limits the downward travel when the end links bind?? So idealy you would need a sway bar modification of some sorts and then limiting straps to make a UCA a worth while investment (in my mind).

Another axle shaft failure?? I hope thats the end of those.

Oh and btw, F#$K SHM

Yeah, but tell us how you really feel about them.:potstir:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
On my way to swap out my dads GT500 engine for the Raptors...should probably have it done in a few hours

Seriously though...did anyone else read they broke the left axle shaft? Seems I heard of that somewhere before?? I know they're cranking out some HPs but there might be some issue with a batch of those...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my way to swap out my dads GT500 engine for the Raptors...should probably have it done in a few hours

Seriously though...did anyone else read they broke the left axle shaft? Seems I heard of that somewhere before?? I know they're cranking out some HPs but there might be some issue with a batch of those...

Also happened to MarkT correct? Not good, not good......