Raptor Run 6 - Anza-Borego DSP & Ocotillo Wells 11/26 & 27, 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What a fun trip! I was looking forward to Saturday run but my little mishap put a damper on things, lower control arm came loose.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lower control arm came loose.

It was great to see you again Justin (SoCal). Glad you could make it.

I guess you might have hit a landmine (large rock)? I know it's hard to see the ground when you're driving deep in the dust cloud blown up by the Raptor in front of you. If you drop back a ways and let the cloud move off the trail you'll be able to see much better and be a less likely to have this happen.

Did you get it fixed? Was it a simple fix or did they need to replace parts?

Reaction score
I took it in to galpin this morning, the service manager said I should have it back in a few days. I guess they are going to do an alignment, check out the control arm, and take a look at the rear end, it's making a clunking noise.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not the dreaded...

clunk_noise.jpg

Lemme know if you need some help over at Galpin. I know some people there and you can always call Ford Customer Service - I posted that toll-free phone number in my SYNC microphone thread (maybe Jason can find a way to make that info readily available?).

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice pics Chad - those shots of The Slot really show how big and deep the holes are and the angle of the slope. Hope you'll post more especially those out the back window :thumbsup: