Raptor R Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with a buddy that also purchased an R 10/21-22.

Would you guys recommend staying at the hotel they recommend? We like to be busy so we're a little worried about staying in/around Tooele. We also like going out and trying nice restaurants and cocktail bars. We're also going a day early to check out the High West Distillery.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would you guys recommend staying at the hotel they recommend? We like to be busy so we're a little worried about staying in/around Tooele. We also like going out and trying nice restaurants and cocktail bars. We're also going a day early to check out the High West Distillery.
There is nearly nothing around the recommended hotel. A few fast food places and a Flying J with a Denny's. I would stay here in Tooele and then just travel into SLC for restauarants, etc. I had extra time the day after due to flight times so went into SLC to City Creek Center and noticed several higher end places around that area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915_194756_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_194756_Maps.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 4

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my family just stayed in SLC and drove there early. Not a big deal to do that. If you are flying in/out, you have to make that drive anyway. Have fun.

R,
HAP

Last edited:

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also, after the morning class they will be assigning you to an R. Just tell them you two want to drive together....unless you are tired of each other by then.

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, after the morning class they will be assigning you to an R. Just tell them you two want to drive together....unless you are tired of each other by then.
He lives in AZ and I'm in MN so I don't have to put up with him very often. haha

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my family just stayed in SLC and drove there early. Not a big deal to do that. If you are flying in/out, you have to make that drive any whey. Have fun.

R,
HAP
That's what I'm leaning towards. I like the idea of having more dining options and not having to drive the 30 minutes or so at night after drinks.