Ramblings of a long time Ram owner and now first time Raptor owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did consider Line x in the wheel wells but my experience with it in the bed it can sometimes hold on to dirt stubbornly and I feel the plastic liners will release the mud easier. Also was worried about line x getting places I didn’t want it.
I haven't had an issue with the Line X holding dirt. For overspray, look for the right shop. The guys that did mine prepped, papered, and taped everything that shouldn't be sprayed. They treated my truck like I had brought in a Bugatti. They were really great.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had an issue with the Line X holding dirt. For overspray, look for the right shop. The guys that did mine prepped, papered, and taped everything that shouldn't be sprayed. They treated my truck like I had brought in a Bugatti. They were really great.
This was my experience as well… twice! It’s awesome!

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 22 Ram 1500 Limited and by far the nicest truck I have ever owned. The biggest issue I had with the Ram is, they put 3:10 gears in a V-8 and the 8 speed transmission. I do realize the Raptor is a different truck and I would never go back, but the Hemi sounds great.
I had a 2021 Ram Limited that I traded in for the Raptor. That limited is my only experience with Ram, but it was very nice. No problems in the 2 years I owned it. My only gripe was the stupid shifter knob. I only traded it because, frankly, as nice as it was, it was boring. Almost too nice if that makes sense. Plus, I was really tired of cleaning a black truck, and black was the only color I considered on the Ram because I hate chrome, so I ordered the night package, but I only liked the night package on a black truck for that “murdered out look ‘yo.”

The Raptor rides great in its own way, definitely more fun. Plus, I like that Raptors aren’t every other truck driving down the road, at least not here.

Bamaprof

Reaction score
The last 24 years Ive driven Ram trucks, 4 1500's and lastly a 2500 Cummins. Sold my boat 2 years ago and had not put a trailer behind the Cummins in 2 years so it was time for a change. Wanted a smoother ride and more get up and go. Enter my new 2024 35" Raptor. Easily 95% of my driving is on the road with occasional hunting and camping trips that go off road.

Things I liked about my Rams. Never had maintenance problems with them. Interior was quality, not plastic. Hemi and Cummins motors were great. Infotanment platform, Uconnect, is solid.

Things I didn't like about my Rams. The 1500's rotary knob transmission gear shifter, sucks. Both in operation and placement. Im tall and if I slide down in the seat my right knee hits the dam shift knob cluster. Seats are not comfortable on road trips. Too many routinely functions had to be accessed in the infotainment screen which had no wear to rest and stabilize your hand so it was a bounce and poke maneuver to select controls. The new 1500 exterior design is boring.

Things I'm liking about the new Raptor. The Ride, need I say more. The motor has the giddy up I missed in the Cummins. Center console shifter, thank you Ford for not putting some dam rotary knob in the cockpit. Seats are very comfortable, bought truck out of state and drove 15 hours straight home with it and the seats are great! The platform to rest your hand on while working with the infotainment is fabulous. Buttons for commonly used items i.e. seat heat is great. Exterior styling, need i say more.

Criticisms are next, don't be offended, I love this truck. Remember the title of this thread, Ramblings.

Things I don't like about new Raptor. Interior is not at the same quality as Rams, Gear shifter while I love its not a knob has a very plastic feel to it (yes I know it is plastic). Other than that my only complaints center around Ford trying to keep me safe from myself. Doors Auto lock above 12 mph and there is no way to deselect this feature. Auto stop/start, solved with 4Dtech's eliminator and some black tape to hide that dam yellow OFF light that is in your face. While in drive if the driver door is opened the Transmission is forced into Park again no way to disable this. Lack of stability of the Sync infotainment system.

Wife has a 23 Bronco Badlands. We are have issues with the Sync system. Ive only done a couple minor Forscan changes, Bambi mode and stereo upgrades but it freaks me out playing with Forscan on a vehicle still under warranty. It also does not sound like the forscan route has been figured out in the 24's yet.

So far, stubby Antenna, Line_x bed liner, Husky rear wheel well liners, window tint, 4Dtech stop/start eliminator, Bakflip bed cover and entire truck ceramic coated. Wheels are next purchase followed by lights. Picture included because what good is a post without a truck picture.

View attachment 453752
Love that new color!

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
I had a 22 Ram 1500 Limited and by far the nicest truck I have ever owned. The biggest issue I had with the Ram is, they put 3:10 gears in a V-8 and the 8 speed transmission. I do realize the Raptor is a different truck and I would never go back, but the Hemi sounds great.
3.21’s are there standard gear set. It’s too tall a gear, it makes the transmission hunt for the right gear to be in all the time it’s extremely annoying. With the 3.92’s it’s a much better combination.

MFouts

Reaction score
3.21’s are there standard gear set. It’s too tall a gear, it makes the transmission hunt for the right gear to be in all the time it’s extremely annoying. With the 3.92’s it’s a much better combination.
Sorry, that's correct. I was towing a bit and that made it even more annoying.

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Had 2014 ram 1500 hemi and 3.21 gears. Bought a 25’ boat and the truck struggled. Bought 2019 ram 2500 Cummins for two reasons, to get rid of that damn rotary knob and pull the boat. Boats gone now so trying the Raptor.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
The last 24 years Ive driven Ram trucks, 4 1500's and lastly a 2500 Cummins. Sold my boat 2 years ago and had not put a trailer behind the Cummins in 2 years so it was time for a change. Wanted a smoother ride and more get up and go. Enter my new 2024 35" Raptor. Easily 95% of my driving is on the road with occasional hunting and camping trips that go off road.

Things I liked about my Rams. Never had maintenance problems with them. Interior was quality, not plastic. Hemi and Cummins motors were great. Infotanment platform, Uconnect, is solid.

Things I didn't like about my Rams. The 1500's rotary knob transmission gear shifter, sucks. Both in operation and placement. Im tall and if I slide down in the seat my right knee hits the dam shift knob cluster. Seats are not comfortable on road trips. Too many routinely functions had to be accessed in the infotainment screen which had no wear to rest and stabilize your hand so it was a bounce and poke maneuver to select controls. The new 1500 exterior design is boring.

Things I'm liking about the new Raptor. The Ride, need I say more. The motor has the giddy up I missed in the Cummins. Center console shifter, thank you Ford for not putting some dam rotary knob in the cockpit. Seats are very comfortable, bought truck out of state and drove 15 hours straight home with it and the seats are great! The platform to rest your hand on while working with the infotainment is fabulous. Buttons for commonly used items i.e. seat heat is great. Exterior styling, need i say more.

Criticisms are next, don't be offended, I love this truck. Remember the title of this thread, Ramblings.

Things I don't like about new Raptor. Interior is not at the same quality as Rams, Gear shifter while I love its not a knob has a very plastic feel to it (yes I know it is plastic). Other than that my only complaints center around Ford trying to keep me safe from myself. Doors Auto lock above 12 mph and there is no way to deselect this feature. Auto stop/start, solved with 4Dtech's eliminator and some black tape to hide that dam yellow OFF light that is in your face. While in drive if the driver door is opened the Transmission is forced into Park again no way to disable this. Lack of stability of the Sync infotainment system.

Wife has a 23 Bronco Badlands. We are have issues with the Sync system. Ive only done a couple minor Forscan changes, Bambi mode and stereo upgrades but it freaks me out playing with Forscan on a vehicle still under warranty. It also does not sound like the forscan route has been figured out in the 24's yet.

So far, stubby Antenna, Line_x bed liner, Husky rear wheel well liners, window tint, 4Dtech stop/start eliminator, Bakflip bed cover and entire truck ceramic coated. Wheels are next purchase followed by lights. Picture included because what good is a post without a truck picture.

View attachment 453752
Thanks for your interesting Ramblings . I’ve gotten some of the same feedback from close friends of mine that went from Ford to Ram. Btw, it won’t help you since the gimmicky folding shifter is what you get now, but in my 2020 the shifter is one of my favs. It feels so rugged that it routinely becomes a wrist rest for me. I take quite a few longish trips and find the seats fantastic as well.

Oh yeah, nice truck, and welcome to the madness!