Ramblings of a long time Ram owner and now first time Raptor owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
The last 24 years Ive driven Ram trucks, 4 1500's and lastly a 2500 Cummins. Sold my boat 2 years ago and had not put a trailer behind the Cummins in 2 years so it was time for a change. Wanted a smoother ride and more get up and go. Enter my new 2024 35" Raptor. Easily 95% of my driving is on the road with occasional hunting and camping trips that go off road.

Things I liked about my Rams. Never had maintenance problems with them. Interior was quality, not plastic. Hemi and Cummins motors were great. Infotanment platform, Uconnect, is solid.

Things I didn't like about my Rams. The 1500's rotary knob transmission gear shifter, sucks. Both in operation and placement. Im tall and if I slide down in the seat my right knee hits the dam shift knob cluster. Seats are not comfortable on road trips. Too many routinely functions had to be accessed in the infotainment screen which had no wear to rest and stabilize your hand so it was a bounce and poke maneuver to select controls. The new 1500 exterior design is boring.

Things I'm liking about the new Raptor. The Ride, need I say more. The motor has the giddy up I missed in the Cummins. Center console shifter, thank you Ford for not putting some dam rotary knob in the cockpit. Seats are very comfortable, bought truck out of state and drove 15 hours straight home with it and the seats are great! The platform to rest your hand on while working with the infotainment is fabulous. Buttons for commonly used items i.e. seat heat is great. Exterior styling, need i say more.

Criticisms are next, don't be offended, I love this truck. Remember the title of this thread, Ramblings.

Things I don't like about new Raptor. Interior is not at the same quality as Rams, Gear shifter while I love its not a knob has a very plastic feel to it (yes I know it is plastic). Other than that my only complaints center around Ford trying to keep me safe from myself. Doors Auto lock above 12 mph and there is no way to deselect this feature. Auto stop/start, solved with 4Dtech's eliminator and some black tape to hide that dam yellow OFF light that is in your face. While in drive if the driver door is opened the Transmission is forced into Park again no way to disable this. Lack of stability of the Sync infotainment system.

Wife has a 23 Bronco Badlands. We are have issues with the Sync system. Ive only done a couple minor Forscan changes, Bambi mode and stereo upgrades but it freaks me out playing with Forscan on a vehicle still under warranty. It also does not sound like the forscan route has been figured out in the 24's yet.

So far, stubby Antenna, Line_x bed liner, Husky rear wheel well liners, window tint, 4Dtech stop/start eliminator, Bakflip bed cover and entire truck ceramic coated. Wheels are next purchase followed by lights. Picture included because what good is a post without a truck picture.

Raptor.jpg

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
The last 24 years Ive driven Ram trucks, 4 1500's and lastly a 2500 Cummins. Sold my boat 2 years ago and had not put a trailer behind the Cummins in 2 years so it was time for a change. Wanted a smoother ride and more get up and go. Enter my new 2024 35" Raptor. Easily 95% of my driving is on the road with occasional hunting and camping trips that go off road.

Things I liked about my Rams. Never had maintenance problems with them. Interior was quality, not plastic. Hemi and Cummins motors were great. Infotanment platform, Uconnect, is solid.

Things I didn't like about my Rams. The 1500's rotary knob transmission gear shifter, sucks. Both in operation and placement. Im tall and if I slide down in the seat my right knee hits the dam shift knob cluster. Seats are not comfortable on road trips. Too many routinely functions had to be accessed in the infotainment screen which had no wear to rest and stabilize your hand so it was a bounce and poke maneuver to select controls. The new 1500 exterior design is boring.

Things I'm liking about the new Raptor. The Ride, need I say more. The motor has the giddy up I missed in the Cummins. Center console shifter, thank you Ford for not putting some dam rotary knob in the cockpit. Seats are very comfortable, bought truck out of state and drove 15 hours straight home with it and the seats are great! The platform to rest your hand on while working with the infotainment is fabulous. Buttons for commonly used items i.e. seat heat is great. Exterior styling, need i say more.

Criticisms are next, don't be offended, I love this truck. Remember the title of this thread, Ramblings.

Things I don't like about new Raptor. Interior is not at the same quality as Rams, Gear shifter while I love its not a knob has a very plastic feel to it (yes I know it is plastic). Other than that my only complaints center around Ford trying to keep me safe from myself. Doors Auto lock above 12 mph and there is no way to deselect this feature. Auto stop/start, solved with 4Dtech's eliminator and some black tape to hide that dam yellow OFF light that is in your face. While in drive if the driver door is opened the Transmission is forced into Park again no way to disable this. Lack of stability of the Sync infotainment system.

Wife has a 23 Bronco Badlands. We are have issues with the Sync system. Ive only done a couple minor Forscan changes, Bambi mode and stereo upgrades but it freaks me out playing with Forscan on a vehicle still under warranty. It also does not sound like the forscan route has been figured out in the 24's yet.

So far, stubby Antenna, Line_x bed liner, Husky rear wheel well liners, window tint, 4Dtech stop/start eliminator, Bakflip bed cover and entire truck ceramic coated. Wheels are next purchase followed by lights. Picture included because what good is a post without a truck picture.

View attachment 453752
Great looking truck and nice write up.
I’m curious if you considered Line X for the wheel wells instead of the Husky liners? I got used to the Auto-Shutoff in my Bronco Raptor and it really doesn’t bug me that much anymore. I will occasionally turn it off just to show it who’s boss.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome @GreenGoblin. I saved auto off with my R mode setting so it never really bothers me. You can put the truck in gear while the door is open it just needs to be in manual mode. It should tell you that on the instrument cluster and give you a 30 minute window. The Forscan info is pretty straight forward. Ford has changed some software in the 24 so some things have been deleted or moved around. What features are you having troubles with in Forscan?

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Great looking truck and nice write up.
I’m curious if you considered Line X for the wheel wells instead of the Husky liners? I got used to the Auto-Shutoff in my Bronco Raptor and it really doesn’t bug me that much anymore. I will occasionally turn it off just to show it who’s boss.
I did consider Line x in the wheel wells but my experience with it in the bed it can sometimes hold on to dirt stubbornly and I feel the plastic liners will release the mud easier. Also was worried about line x getting places I didn’t want it.

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Welcome @GreenGoblin. I saved auto off with my R mode setting so it never really bothers me. You can put the truck in gear while the door is open it just needs to be in manual mode. It should tell you that on the instrument cluster and give you a 30 minute window. The Forscan info is pretty straight forward. Ford has changed some software in the 24 so some things have been deleted or moved around. What features are you having troubles with in Forscan?
Thanks I’ll try manual tomorrow. I have not tried forscan on the truck yet. We are an apple house so I had to borrow a nieghbors windows machine for the bronco. Waiting to get more solid info and success stories from those better than me before I try it.
Things I would like to change, Bambi mode. Auto door lock at 12 mph, I’m old I like to control my headlights on and off but the truck and bronco default to auto every time you turn the vehicle off then on again, and the put in park with door open deal. Those are the things I can think of right now.