Question for people with LT kits (RPG, SVT, BK, ETC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at going to a long travel kit front/rear on my Raptor. Haven't decided on a kit yet but would be dual shock up front and bed rack in the back. I currently have the RPG Stage IV suspension. I spend a lot of time in Baja either hunting or chasing for a Trophy Truck Team. Long story short I spend a lot of time on Baja dirt roads. Current suspension does a decent job of absorbing bumps, washboard etc. but isn't quite to the level of comfort I want. My question for those of you that have one of these kits is ride comfort on dirt roads noticeably improved? Can you cruise down dirt roads at 40-60 mph and if there is a rut the suspension doesn't crash super hard? Can you float over washboard with relative comfort? I have no experience with these kits and have never road in one so need some third party experience. I am really looking at it to make my current pace comfortable versus going much faster.

Thanks!

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reach out to Kevin at HM, his kits blows away any RPG, SVC, and Camburgs bolt on kits out of the water and are a true long travel kit utilizing a true 12” stock stroke, whereas the others are 8” shock stroke. RPG, SVC and Camburg are not long travel, they are mid travel.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blitzkreig is better than the above mentioned, However HM is bar far best! I’ve driven all of them, and the HM kits handle the best! Kevin‘s kits and builds are truly second to none.

mlax

Reaction score
Blitzkrieg and HM are the only options on Gen1 if you are serious about front suspension. The difference to others is significant. I drove SVC, HM and Blitz back to back. I like the reinforcements from HM the best, ride-wise, Blitz and HM felt similar to me

2012SCSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wellllll, IMO... if you are keeping leafs in the rear do you really need a long travel?

You are crushing baja the most important thing is reliability. I feel that you should go max on the rear leafs with a solid prerunner shop like izzyfab or similar. Thennn in the front get a dual shock package and tune out that washboard that is thrashing you. Keep it stock geometry so you can get oem raptor parts, even if say you have a fully custom <any part> if it gets damaged you have the best chance of finding a replacement with stockish geometry.

Again, Washboard sucks, it's hard to tune, IMO the reason is that: you want a slow rebound as to to actually hold the the suspension up in the ride zone but still a decent amount of compression valveing. But of course if you put in tomuch rebound valveing to slow the droop on the washboard you will load up in the whoops. An electronic controller would help with this like a live valve system, or you could tune it out with valveing.

Point being smoothing out that wash board is going to be a matter of shock tuning and not travel numbers. Of course going to 40's would help aswell

Also hit up Foutzmotorsports they have a solid LT aswell.