PSA driver side low beam out equals trouble!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not the headlight issue, but pretty early on, I think starting late 2016 in the Jen Too section there was a thread on things to check when you picked up the truck. There’s a current one in the Jen Tres forums. I hit that thread up and in addition to what I’d check with any used car purchase, I created a checklist from that discussion. I covered as many things as I could from that thread. I took pictures from every possible angle, confirmed function on every light, turn signal, button, dial & setting.

ETA - my previous comment was less articulate. I didn’t mean to suggest the headlight issue was prevalent in Jen Too trucks - apologies. I meant we had our share of odd ball issues--

Sure, it came with a warranty and I’m sure they’d have fixed it, but some of the problems were kind of comical. Radiator hose not fully seated, pi$$ed out all the coolant and overheated the truck in under 50 miles. Some other pretty goofy faults. You Jen Tres guys have seen the same, maybe a slight uptick.

I’ve definitely seen a split among the well to do buyers vs. everyone else. The former have great latitude to either drive in, pickup the ready truck without a second thought, or the people who are paying big money to them who might be a little more concerned about what they’re slapping down almost 6 figures for. When I bought my ’17, the downpayment wast the biggest personal check I ever stroked. It stayed that way until l had the garage built for my Rap in ’20.

Like I said - in no way am I trying to throw shade your way. But, I would use this as a cautionary tale to any other FRF:
If you have or find a legit safety inspection failing fault on the truck, don’t buy it! Get an uber home and tell the stealership if they fix it, call you back (while you find another truck because that one is going to have problems again and likely electrical or networking problems... The most fun for Techs to resolve)
Yes, even if it is a coveted no-moonroof Raptor. Even if it’s a no moonroof RR. Unless you really love your service department guys.
Yup, things to check before picking up truck thread is pinned to the top of the Gen 3 General Discussion forum.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I question the Ford PDI process, it’s obviously magnitudes of order below Porsche for example, which is quite extensive.
LOL! No shit sherlock.

Just wait for your new ZR1 purchase and the utter disaapointment that will stem from working with GM dealers.

All cars break. All new cars have teething issues. If you think any make is immune, you are wrong. Plenty of $100K+ cars are recalled because they are catching fire when being driven and burning to the ground.