Pre-Run for SEMA return - Jean to Barstow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for this run! thanks for all the hard work prerunning guys

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how long is the actual run going to be?

I am not sure. On the freeway it is 125 miles. Off road I would guess 150 miles. The route RPG selected provides a very diverse assortment of terrains. Water crossings, some tight trails, two spots, close to one another that you will likely need 4 WD to navigate, dry lake beds, high speed Power Line roads, rock roads, some whoops, washes with soft sand. There are some roads that were recently graded and others you will need to be very careful and watch for marked cautions. There is one section, that folks will work together to help guide each truck past safely.

I know all that go will have a fun time. You will feel challenged at times, but shouldn't feel like your exhausted.

If I had to guess time on the trail...5-6 hours including stop for food in Baker

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I can't wait for this run! thanks for all the hard work prerunning guys

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was our pleasure. With a group like this, it is a necessity.

Those that don't have a Lowrance Nav unit will need to be extra vigilant and run at slower speeds. Remember it is not a race

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a great run.. And it reminds me I need to conceive a mount for my .45 in cab...

nothing says don't point a gun at me like pointing a bigger one back..

At any rate.. thanks for doing the hard work and setting it up for us to have a great adventure...

really looking forward to it..

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the RPG SEMA Run my friend!!
Are you going on both of them G?

No, I wanted to do the Landrush, but alas could make it work with copilot. That is a heck of a challenge to do 1000 miles in two days. My butt was sore after one, but what we did was like 3 of this RPG run.

This is going to be a great run.. And it reminds me I need to conceive a mount for my .45 in cab...

nothing says don't point a gun at me like pointing a bigger one back..

Yeah and someone holding the weapon dead eye straight, not waiving it around like this crazy bitch was.

IDK, I think the best thing to do is just "get the F out of there".

At any rate.. thanks for doing the hard work and setting it up for us to have a great adventure...

really looking forward to it..

My pleasure, You are going to love it.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

haha paj...

tumblr_lydusltk1c1qmaa05o1_500.gif

I love Breaking Bad. EXACTLY!

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I throw the stock running boards back on for rock sliders? Just don't wanna show up after a 20 hour drive unprepared

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I throw the stock running boards back on for rock sliders? Just don't wanna show up after a 20 hour drive unprepared

No, never got close to touching the sides, so unless you go off the trail, nothing to worry about there. Have a great time!

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there going to be a link or a pm with the trail info for those of us that are going? Can't freakin wait to get out there!