Pre cut PPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kechinng

Reaction score
Just get a roll or two, and cut it yourself. You’ll have better results than going with a precut.
is Bulk easier than pre-cut? Just curious, just recently did pre-cut on another sedan of ours and front bumper and rear bumper was really hard trying to fit the exact pre-cut and stretching it. Haven't tried bulk

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to live in Southern California ? My guy does all these new car dealers in Valencia: Porsche of Santa Clarita, Valencia BMW and MBZ of Santa Clarita.

Junior did our '23 M4 CSL (complete XPEL Ceramic Clear: exterior color: Frozen Brooklyn Grey Metallic) that is pictured on my profile page. They took apart the front and rear headlight and taillight (complete) housings, along with having BMW of Valencia removing and re-installing the carbon fiber front valance / spoiler. This M4 CSL color is a "matte" finish, I don't why BMW used the "metallic" word in it's explanation of this paint color. LOL.

I'm going to install a XPEL ceramic wrap for our '23 Raptor EcoBoost in Avalanche Grey, I'll probably do the front bumper (37 PP) and the two front quarter panels, as well as the hood. The back roads here in Northeast Kansas (hill country) is mostly gravel, we've been lucky that we haven't taken a substantial rock chip in the front end or the windshield "yet" LOL. :driver:

Attachments

• APRIL2K3E_1715967728207.jpg
    APRIL2K3E_1715967728207.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6)(5).jpg
    20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6)(5).jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 7

chris51080

Reaction score
is Bulk easier than pre-cut? Just curious, just recently did pre-cut on another sedan of ours and front bumper and rear bumper was really hard trying to fit the exact pre-cut and stretching it. Haven't tried bulk
Precut means you need to stretch out exactly to where it’s been cut. Assuming it’s been cut with enough excess to avoid gaps that is.
Bulk let’s you stretch the film yourself and trim exactly to your installation.

I think the only people who find precut easier are the ones afraid of using a razor knife.

I’ve only done headlights and simple panels myself, and doing bulk material is pretty straightforward.