Post Delivery Check Engine Light P2C90

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flexboiz

Reaction score
My 2024 Raptor R threw a check engine light with the code P2C90 the night I brought it home from the dealership. I almost didn't notice it because of where the CEL appears on the display, and I drove it as normal. The light showed up around 182km. I chatted with my sales rep that night, and he told me to bring it back today, which I did, as they had to wait on one of their 5.2L certified techs to get back from vacation.

After an hour or so of diagnostics, they effectively cleared the CEL and told me all was well.

The service advisor was a bit cagey and said it was not something to worry about. After talking with my sales rep, he seemed to know a bit more about this: during assembly and testing at Ford, they put in a bunch of plugs and various covers to be removed during PDI, including the intake. The techs are supposed to remove them all and test drive the vehicle at any meaningful speed during PDI, but, at least at my dealer, the techs are afraid to test drive the vehicle fully and typically just circle the block. It sounds like they had missed a plug or something of that nature and not caught it because the test drive was not thorough enough.

For now, I am taking their word for it. Figured I'd post this here with the code since, when googling this code and issue, I only found information pertaining to Hellcats :) I will be monitoring QC stuff around the truck closely going forward.

AZRaptorR

Reaction score
I’ve now got this code after the first day of ownership. I’ve cleared it twice now and it keeps coming back. Dreading making the service appointment.

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve now got this code after the first day of ownership. I’ve cleared it twice now and it keeps coming back. Dreading making the service appointment.
Yeahh sucks I be having the same feeling

P2C90

Reaction score
So, I’ve had my R in for this code at my local dealer now for 2.5 months and they don’t know how to fix it. Can you please tell me what you guys did to get your truck fixed because if you don’t, I probably will never see my truck again.

Arizona Free

Reaction score
So, I’ve had my R in for this code at my local dealer now for 2.5 months and they don’t know how to fix it. Can you please tell me what you guys did to get your truck fixed because if you don’t, I probably will never see my truck again.
Ouch. that sucks.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried escalating the issue to a higher level at the dealership or reaching out to Ford's customer service?

SRF150

Reaction score
Mine has been doing this since I got it. It pops up every other time I drive it. The smoke test yields nothing, so I wonder if there is a sensor issue. I'm going to do a deeper dive into it today.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
What? Is it undriveable? 2.5 months--you are a patient person. After 2 weeks I'd be raising all kinds of hell at dealership and Ford. Assume you've opened a case at Ford right? Two words if it stays there one more day--buy back.

P2C90

Reaction score
It’s not undriveable at all, I’ve never driven any other R than mine. The only reason I don’t go thermonuclear is because I have a loaner truck. I get to put a bunch of miles on something that’s not mine. Again, this is how I justify my willingness to keep waiting. I hope/wish it was some PDI oversight because I’ve PPF’d the thing from bumper to bumper and that wasn’t cheap… among other cool and obnoxiously expensive things. Anybody know anything? For the last 3 weeks I’ve been directed to talk directly to the service manager but he stopped answering/returning my calls. If I want an update I have to drive in there unannounced and wait for his available time. I only called on Fridays… FML

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
It’s not undriveable at all, I’ve never driven any other R than mine. The only reason I don’t go thermonuclear is because I have a loaner truck. I get to put a bunch of miles on something that’s not mine. Again, this is how I justify my willingness to keep waiting. I hope/wish it was some PDI oversight because I’ve PPF’d the thing from bumper to bumper and that wasn’t cheap… among other cool and obnoxiously expensive things. Anybody know anything? For the last 3 weeks I’ve been directed to talk directly to the service manager but he stopped answering/returning my calls. If I want an update I have to drive in there unannounced and wait for his available time. I only called on Fridays… FML
Well you didn't buy the R to drive some other truck. Again to each their own, but you need to take charge and ask for Ford to get involved (should have 2 months ago). Call Ford Monday and open up a case (or do that after you take it to a new dealership). Some lanky service manager isn't going to do squat--as you are seeing for the past 2.5 months. Better yet, go pick up your truck and take it to another Ford dealership that has a great reputation. Sooner you get Ford involved the better...again start throwing out buy back and attorney. Until then you're driving some rental truck.