Phoenix Automotive Latest Large Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running their latest system with the new processor? It is on sale right now for a pretty good price. I use Gaia GPS when I am chasing and it would be great just to have on the main screen like this... I have an email into them asking if ANY functionality is lost but waiting to hear back...

RaptorJoe92

Reaction score
Did you ever get a response? I've been eyeing these for a long time and this sale price might be enough to make me give them a shot.

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I did. Honestly it was challenging. Even though they are in Los Angeles, English is CLEARLY not their first language. The emails were confusing and unclear. However here is what I did get from them...

1. The new version is available and you will receive in 1-2 weeks.
2. Does include Carplay
3. Only works with factory amplfiier (no RCA outs). From what I can determine I THINK it will work with my DSR1.
4. Retains control of heated & cooled seats and front/rear cameras.
5. It appears is used either Carplay of Bluetooth for calling/music. Not the Sync system. Must have a built in microphone.
6. I am waiting to confirm steering wheel controls still work.

Frankly I am half tempted to just order the damn thing, install it and see how things go. They have a decent return policy and it appears to be largely plug and play. I also spoke with one of other options out there (Autotecpro) and they were MUCH easier to communicate with. However their system is a lot more expensive...

Not sure what I am going to do... I might just leave well enough alone. I dunno...

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am debating between it and this one:

These guys have been very responsive and argubably their english is better then Phoenix. They confirmed 100% Sync module remains with full operation. Plus it is a larger screen and you still have the physical controls at the bottom...

I might just wait and see how your experience goes...

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the install manual from the one on Aliexpress. It is indeed the exact same one as the AutoTecPro once. The install video even said AutoTecPro on it. I can confirm it maintains the Sync System and everything else. Plus it is a larger screen and latest 8-core CPU. I am going to make the jump and order it and see how it is... I will report back! CANUCK714 you might want to consider this one instead of the Phoenix. They are similar price.

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that Phoenix one looks really tempting. Right now it's at $603 for the highest memory unit.

Shows me $669 for the 256mb version. Regardless I think I am going to go with the AutoTecPro version as it doesn't lose Sync 2 which this one does. I am concerned about losing functionality and by keeping Sync I don't think I will...