PC'd wheels & exhaust - painted emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In anticipation of my truck HOPEFULLY being delivered tomorrow, I finally picked up some of my mods. To be a bit different, I went with "autumn black" for the wheels, which is more of a very dark metallic gray rather than black - satin finish. What do ya think???

Attachments

• photo (26).jpg
    photo (26).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 96
  • photo (27).jpg
    photo (27).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 98
  • photo (29).jpg
    photo (29).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 95
  • photo (31).jpg
    photo (31).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They only problem with the color is now I'm rethinking painting the flares -- I think the wheels may be a perfect match to them now.......:banghead::banghead:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They only problem with the color is now I'm rethinking painting the flares -- I think the wheels may be a perfect match to them now.......:banghead::banghead:

There is onlY one way to find out...which is the fun part...

Can't wait to see the truck all put together...

Looking good!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I like the color a lot.

Question for you barbrady: on the exhaust tips did you go with ceramic coat or at least a high-heat powdercoat?

I'm about to ditch my Magnaflow setup and install SW long tube headers and SW lightning exhaust (they shipped yesterday!) and I want to coat the tips black too... My understanding is a regular powdercoat may not be able to handle the exhaust heat over time. Just figured I'd ask and see what you did before I go to the extra expense of sending mine to be ceramic coated. I'm not sure if its totally necessary or overkill as I've heard varied opinions.

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I like the color a lot.

Question for you barbrady: on the exhaust tips did you go with ceramic coat or at least a high-heat powdercoat?

I'm about to ditch my Magnaflow setup and install SW long tube headers and SW lightning exhaust (they shipped yesterday!) and I want to coat the tips black too... My understanding is a regular powdercoat may not be able to handle the exhaust heat over time. Just figured I'd ask and see what you did before I go to the extra expense of sending mine to be ceramic coated. I'm not sure if its totally necessary or overkill as I've heard varied opinions.

It's a high-heat powder -- was gonna do the entire thing but then said why waste the $$ if this is the only real visible part. I got a high-temp exhaust paint (from Eastwood) to do the rest of the exhaust myself for ***** n giggles.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a high-heat powder -- was gonna do the entire thing but then said why waste the $$ if this is the only real visible part. I got a high-temp exhaust paint (from Eastwood) to do the rest of the exhaust myself for ***** n giggles.

Thanks. Have you done this before on other vehicles?? Is high heat powder good to go since its "just the tip"
:hump: