parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WetDirt

Reaction score
I’m doing rear brakes, new rotors & pads (R1 concepts from RockAuto) on a 2013 with 160k miles. Question… before taking it a part for inspection… Should I be replacing parking brake shoes just because of age? It still works fine. Which shoes should I order? TIA!!

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m doing rear brakes, new rotors & pads (R1 concepts from RockAuto) on a 2013 with 160k miles. Question… before taking it a part for inspection… Should I be replacing parking brake shoes just because of age? It still works fine. Which shoes should I order? TIA!!

This is the part # for the shoes. I recommend while you are there pulling the pivot completely out and give it a good clean. It should move freely. I put a coat of paint on mine. Just a rattle can to keep it from rusting up.
A sign that it is not moving freely is the petal doesn't return correctly.
092E9B05-3986-4690-98C2-F0A291863819.jpeg
I Think the 1023 is the #.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my rear brakes (rotors & pads) at 160k, I just sprayed brake cleaner on the parking brake parts and called it good. Still working good at 180k including hill hold.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my rear brakes (rotors & pads) at 160k, I just sprayed brake cleaner on the parking brake parts and called it good. Still working good at 180k including hill hold.
I agree with this ^^^^ unless the the pivot is stuck. Like @mwaite09 @Bozz there shoes were worn because the E brake wasn't releasing completely and the shoe was dragging. I think mwaite09 had to do shoes on one side and then picked up .6-1 miles per gallon after we fixed the pivot and stoped the shoe from dragging. He said the truck would Coast way better. Anyway it is why I have a 1/2 a box of shoes. LOL
PS. mine needed attention also and think it was worse than both of them. no shoe ware on mine. I don't think the previous owner ever used the E break. and my wife doesn't either.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the part # for the shoes. I recommend while you are there pulling the pivot completely out and give it a good clean. It should move freely. I put a coat of paint on mine. Just a rattle can to keep it from rusting up.
A sign that it is not moving freely is the petal doesn't return correctly.
View attachment 467341
I Think the 1023 is the #.
"Hecho En Chine"
Gotta love it.. Is there no company that makes them in good old USA?

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Hecho En Chine"
Gotta love it.. Is there no company that makes them in good old USA?
That IDK. it is what the parts store had in stock that day when we had the truck tore apart. #PuttheGoogleonit.... I gave you the part number. do you need me to fly out and do the job for you also. LOL

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this helps you,
@Ricoman just busting my balls.... he a good dude. LOL he been here long enough to know.I don't get upset about anything. if I did I would just move on.
Oh,i get it...and ive been here a while also and just having a good laugh..sometimes its lost in the thread replies..i just thought it was funny they are made in china,marked in spanish,and sent to USA...