P0707/P0706

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No gear indicator, truck won't start. Prior I hit a pothole and wrench came on, stayed in 2nd maybe, couldn't really tell with no gear indicator. Disconnected battery and it went away for a day or two. Drove to my parents and when I parked the wrench came back so I pulled it out of the way just in case. We can get it to start with a screw driver on the starter. When driving gear indicator will come back sporadically.

99% of what I have seen says leadframe. Got one of Amazon and we take out the old one, rebuilt a year before I bought it. Leadframe and tran fluid look new. Amazon leadframe didn't fix issue.... Ok maybe it was defective. Went to Ford for a valve body because when I called prior they said national backorder. This time they had a couple so bought another leadframe/connector.

Swapped them out again and nothing.

The other 1% said harness on exhaust manifold, we traced it and can't find anything. Starting to think maybe a relay, shifter switch...

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Off the cuff thinking from hitting a pothole maybe a connector somewhere has been jarred loose. I would spend some time reseating any and all plugs and connectors.

OP
OP
S

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the cuff thinking from hitting a pothole maybe a connector somewhere has been jarred loose. I would spend some time reseating any and all plugs and connectors.
Yea and when we put in the amazon frame and the same code popped up I started doubting it was the frame... Not sure why the same code would pop up 3 times unless its something different than the frame