Ordered my qtp wireless cutouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11raptor6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a qtp as well kinda sucks because mine is stainless and it is a pain in the a$$ to weld, has to be tig welded. I used the Aux 1 to power mine, I dont have the wireless controller but I am working on using a PAC tr-7 pro to allow the toggle switch to control the cut out

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stainless shouldn't need to be tigged on the exhaust? Regular wire should work fine. The only issue for you would be the actual weld rusting.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Yea since hennessey quit making the controller box I figured 79.00$ and I don't have to mount or drill and switch holes anywhere.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI I welded mine on with a MIG welder running stainless wire. I've welding 4 cutouts on with no issues from the welds at all. I will say the stainless in a MIG runs almost double the heat as mild steel wire.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI I welded mine on with a MIG welder running stainless wire. I've welding 4 cutouts on with no issues from the welds at all. I will say the stainless in a MIG runs almost double the heat as mild steel wire.

What sort of shielding gas did you use, if any? Solid or flux cored wire?

I have a bottle of 75/25 on my MIG welder that I use for mild steel. I've never welded stainless but everything I read says I need to get different gas to weld stainless properly. I really don't want to invest in another bottle just to do a few stainless welds here and there. If I'm not too worried about corrosion or what it looks like, will the 75/25 work with maybe a flux cored stainless wire?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What sort of shielding gas did you use, if any? Solid or flux cored wire?

I have a bottle of 75/25 on my MIG welder that I use for mild steel. I've never welded stainless but everything I read says I need to get different gas to weld stainless properly. I really don't want to invest in another bottle just to do a few stainless welds here and there. If I'm not too worried about corrosion or what it looks like, will the 75/25 work with maybe a flux cored stainless wire?

75/25 mix. It will be black from the carbon burn but take a brush and it wipes off clean. I was told the same BS about use this gas and do this, but I really couldn't be much happier. I was like you and didn't want another bottle laying around. I already have 100% argon for my aluminum gun and two is enough.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I know I know the welds could be better but was my very first weld with stainless and I've gotten better. But I am giving you a heads up that it welds almost double the heat.

180210_578110685104_2665499_n.jpg

theyeti

Reaction score
Not to hijack but which qtp did you order? I have a raptor on order so I don't know what size Exhaust it has and I believe (don't know) its a single exhaust after the cat. Where is the best place to put the cutout on a screw raptor after the cats?

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
i ordered the 3" with the pipe. its 227$ and added the wireless controller for another 75...works great! and yes you take your resonator out and this welds in its place

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
no none at all. the only thing you have to do is when you close it going at speed, when you park hit the close button one more time to seal it off.