Optimate MagCode Port Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I have used Optimate chargers as that is what I just got used to a ways back and they have worked well for me. A while back I looked at using the MagCode port and clip, but was just too darn lazy to wire it up myself. Well I just happended to notice that Optimate came out with MagCode Port (O97P12) and Clip (O97C12) and decided to give them a try on the Raptor.

20241009_154727.jpg

I considered a few places to mount the port with a goal of making it as easy as possible to connect....so picked this spot on the lower bumper. The three panels just pop off fairly easy.

20241009_150713.jpg

20241009_150709.jpg

20241009_153333.jpg

It is a perfect fit and you have to go high so that the clip clears the plastic trim. There is room behind and it is a fairly easy cable run up to the battery. Note: this location redoes require customization of the cable to the battery, but that is fairly easy.

20241009_153308.jpg

And not too obvious from any distance.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you use that for?
So I am one of those short-trip drivers and my battery gets low causing issues and it is not great for the life of the battery. I have a wall-mounted Optimate battery charger just inside the garage that I mostly use on my GTR which gets driven even less. So now I can quickly take charger off the GTR and stick it on the Raptor. One reason I picked that location on the Raptor is so if I come out the front door and take off in the Raptor forgetting to disconnect the charger....the connection will easily pop off and it stops charging since no complete circuit.