Onboard air compressor recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i’ve run an ARB compressor and CO2 on Jeeps at different times and different rigs.

i’ve since gone to elockers and co2 exclusively. i mount a little 10lb cylinder on the roll cage.

i like the speed of co2 over little compressors. i also like the no mechanical and electrical stuff to worry about.

i may feel different with a raptor as opposed to jeep. the little compressor is much easier to hide and integrate.

as an aside. my pressure ranges for real off-road are as low as 13. and when i’m done i’ll run them up to 25 to get to a gas station.

i can get several fill-ups like that on 37” tires.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I have the ARB twin briefcase. It easy to move around from the Raptor to the Jeep. Fills 40s with no problem. Sit it on the ground by the battery and the supplied hose can reach all 4 tires on the Raptor. When done roll up hose, roll up positive and negative cables and shut box, and put it back in the bed.
Its not cheap at $899.
I’ve looked at that, didn’t know anyone with it. Sounds like it works well. I’m saving up now. My current Smitty Built gets So Hot here and takes longer than I would like.

MarkF

Reaction score
I’ve been debating on board compressor or going to a Co2 tank (was gonna go the DIY route).

I got a tankless Campbell Hausfield that I’ve had forever. It’s not bad but takes a bit of time to fill 35s.
I'm using an ARB twin compressor and considering adding a cheap 5 or 9-gallon tank in the bed to have air readily available.

Plumbing it correctly for easy removal would create a great system for filling tires or powering tools.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using an ARB twin compressor and considering adding a cheap 5 or 9-gallon tank in the bed to have air readily available.

Plumbing it correctly for easy removal would create a great system for filling tires or powering tools.

Theres room under the bed to mount a tank, just need to plum your take offs accordingly

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been there done that. Even the twin compressor takes minutes per tire. Look on YouTube quite a few videos showing the time.

I switched to CO2 years ago, before I even owned a Raptor.

Just last weekend, pulled over after 276 miles off road. Aired up all 4 tires from 22 to 35 and back on the road in under 4 minutes.

No contest when a little compressor is 20+ minutes.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there done that. Even the twin compressor takes minutes per tire. Look on YouTube quite a few videos showing the time.

I switched to CO2 years ago, before I even owned a Raptor.

Just last weekend, pulled over after 276 miles off road. Aired up all 4 tires from 22 to 35 and back on the road in under 4 minutes.

No contest when a little compressor is 20+ minutes.
One of the things no one considers either is hose diameter. Most people run 1/4" air hose which is shit if you're trying to air tires up quick without the massive push that co2 has. You can see this when running air tools as well. O have a 3/8" impact gun that wont run off 1/4" as the cfm is too low. Hook it up to 1/2" hose though and its got tons of jam.