GEN 1 Oil Pan Threat Stripped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several months ago, I had my oil changed at my local Ford dealership, along with lots of other repairs, (i.e. rear pinion gear).
More recently, I had my oil changed again by a local mechanic shop. They found the threads on the aluminum oil pan had been stripped. The mechanic is blaming the Dealership, and I bet the Dealership will blame the shop for trying to take the plug off turning it the wrong way. I don't like the idea of "universal" plug holding in my oil.

I'd like to replace the entire oil pan, so I'm looking at my options? OEM pan or is there better replacement with better cooling? Not plastic.

BTW, The mechanic put in the wrong amount of oil (2 quarts low) and I experienced Limp Mode as I made a corner and lost oil pressure. That was not a fun experience: no engine, no PS, etc. Luckily I was next to an Advanced Auto Parts Store to get oil.

Thanks

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why I always do my own service whenever possible.
Exactly..!! Funny story...Last year had back surgery and couldnt even drive,let alone work on any vehicles..so GF takes her SUV to Jif@% Lu&@....I get a call..."im on side of road and called AAA...my oil pan fell off."..WTH......she gets towed back to the idiots and of course manager trys to blame her,so i call,and how nice they can be...yes sir,we ordered a new part and will install it free..FREE..your lucky she doesnt sue you...
Of course i knew when she called it wasnt the oil pan..she comes home and hands me a totally mangled skid plate...idiots put on with 2 bolts..must of got a damn text message and forget to tighten or put others in...
NEVER GO TO ANY QUICK CHANGE OIL PLACE..unless on road trip and have no choice..
Also had GF have her 1 year old SUV blow an engine...5 minutes after leaving JL...plug fell out..!! Same BS..its her fault..she did sue them and got brand new engine...Hummm...maybe its me...all my GF's have loose screws..
SIDE NOTE:So what happened is 1 bolt came loose,allowing "skid plate(just cheap tin) to start flooping and scraping road under SUV...she hears this and pulled off highway ,guessing from uneven shoulder,it kinks and goes under her front tire..tow guy had to go under and remove and had a good laugh telling her"miss,this isnt your oil pan"..

Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Exactly..!! Funny story...Last year had back surgery and couldnt even drive,let alone work on any vehicles..so GF takes her SUV to Jif@% Lu&@....I get a call..."im on side of road and called AAA...my oil pan fell off."..WTH......she gets towed back to the idiots and of course manager trys to blame her,so i call,and how nice they can be...yes sir,we ordered a new part and will install it free..FREE..your lucky she doesnt sue you...
Of course i knew when she called it wasnt the oil pan..she comes home and hands me a totally mangled skid plate...idiots put on with 2 bolts..must of got a damn text message and forget to tighten or put others in...
NEVER GO TO ANY QUICK CHANGE OIL PLACE..unless on road trip and have no choice..
Also had GF have her 1 year old SUV blow an engine...5 minutes after leaving JL...plug fell out..!! Same BS..its her fault..she did sue them and got brand new engine...Hummm...maybe its me...all my GF's have loose screws..
Admitting to the problem is the first step to recovery lol.