Oh **** Grips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're called "Oh **** Grips". Because that's the first thing someone says out loud when they're getting into that kind of situation.

New Gnarly Grips Grab Handle from Off Road Trail Tools in Tucson Arizona Offer a Better Design in Offroad Grab Handles

Gnarly Grips by Off Road Trail Tools LLC. Offroad Trail Tools LLC use a patent pending non-skid material which really grips your roll bar for the most secure grip. Thermo molded handles, along with a built in stiffener ensure a safe and comfortable feel. With this intelligent design your handle will not collapse in on you. Only "Gnarly Grips" have this important feature built in. Military Spec. quality threads and stitching ( Box "X"). So whether your looking for your first set of grips or replace those off shore cheapies, take a good look at these Gnarly Grips Grab Handle. Off Road Trail Tools provides one of the longest warranty is the industry. They also offer private labeling for qualified accounts so you can customize yours with company or club names. Perfect for Offroad vehicles with roll bars or sports bars but equally suitable for Dune Buggies, Yamaha Rhinos, Polaris Rangers, golf carts and more.

They come in several sizes Small size (part # 5400) is good for CJs and YJs and 97 -02 TJs. Medium size (part # 5401) for 03-06 TJs & LJs / fronts. Large size (part # 5402) for 03-06 TJs & LJs / rears and center bar between speakers Use the mediums all around on 4 door JK's. Medium on the front for the 2dr JK's and large for the rear. They are priced right, very reasonable per grip cost.

Off Road Trail Tools
7099 W Hutchs Pools Place
Tucson, AZ 85743

Phone: 520-579-2079
Fax: 520-579-2080

Order on the Web at:
http://www.offroadtrailtools.com

Now all we need is a place to mount these grips. Since Ford didn't provide us with any Oh **** Grips we might have to put in an internal roll cage (not on my list of priorities). Or someone can come up with a way to bolt in Oh **** Grips for the passengers in our Raptors.

Gnarly-Grips-Grab-Handle.jpg

Gnarly-Grips-Grab-Handle-2.jpg

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh........install some 5-point harnesses, tell them to get in, sit down, hold on (oh yeah, that is where OH **** grips come in), and SHUT up!!! :mrgreen:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The tool rolls in that link are pretty cool, too. These guys have a lot of cool stuff. Think they would be interested in becoming vendors?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife is always reaching for those non-existent "Oh ****" bars in the Raptor. I think she misses them, my Tacoma had them all over the place...relatively speaking.