Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've always taken it for granted that we would be able to tune vehicles semi quickly after they're released, but I think all manufacturers have locked down their PCMs, especially with the OTA updates becoming more common.

Not to be a downer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was years before the 23's are supported and just like smart phones, as soon as a bypass is found it's usually patched in the next version. At least the 23 eco's can buy a 22 PCM and use that. I don't think the R has any hope outside of companies like Whipple that are partners with Ford.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
We've always taken it for granted that we would be able to tune vehicles semi quickly after they're released, but I think all manufacturers have locked down their PCMs, especially with the OTA updates becoming more common.

Not to be a downer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was years before the 23's are supported and just like smart phones, as soon as a bypass is found it's usually patched in the next version. At least the 23 eco's can buy a 22 PCM and use that. I don't think the R has any hope outside of companies like Whipple that are partners with Ford.
I’m thinking you’re right. If not now it’s only a few year out.