No Key Detected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

connor_dup

Reaction score
Having issues of my truck not reading my key fob. All functions on the key fob are working: lock, unlock, remote start, tailgate unlatch. The issue is when I step into the vehicle, put my foot on the brake & hit start its reading "No Key Detected". The only way to turn the vehicle on at the moment is putting it into the emergency cubby. I have tried both key fobs & have changed batteries in both & still having the same issue. I have seen on some forums that there are antennas within the truck that send the signal to the BCM. Wondering if this is a BCM issue & I need to bring it in to have them reprogram the BCM, or if it is a bad antenna somewhere. I believe there are modules in the front door handles, around the console & possibly around the headliner near the third brake light.

Wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue & has figured out a culprit to this.. thanks in advance guys.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been having issues similar to this. It won't detect either of mine with new batteries if it is in my left pocket which also has my Iphone in it. If it is my right pocket no issues. I've read phones can cause an interference.

OP
OP
C

connor_dup

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen your posts on your issues but mine will not start with or without my phone even in the vehicle. I know they have sensors that pick up signal from the fob on the two front door handles which should unlock & that is not working either. So something is not picking up my key fob signal whether it be the BCM or I have researched & seen it could be the RTM.
Call different Ford dealerships also & they are of no help..